The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Scream Factory) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase link: Shout! Factory - Amazon - Fye
Price: $28.43 - $34.93 (Shout) - $34.93 - $18.67 - $24.92 (Amazon) - $24.99 (Fye)
Notes: NEW 4K remastered disc included, lithograph available exclusively from Shout's website

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, really - there is no final "form" for the Thing. The Thing is whatever it needs to be. Is the Thing the dog creature? Is it the Spider Head? Is it the gloop in the petri dish?
I'm speaking specifically from my own selfish desires of what I would have liked to see. Dogs hanging out with flaps of Thing flesh opening up. Oh, and lest we forget that wonderful Thing goo. Almost looks too clean. Perhaps the steelbook will come with a packet of Thing goo?

Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm speaking specifically from my own selfish desires of what I would have liked to see. Dogs hanging out with flaps of Thing flesh opening up. Oh, and lest we forget that wonderful Thing goo. Almost looks too clean. Perhaps the steelbook will come with a packet of Thing goo?
I hope I never get a package that contains goo of any kind.

Hope for GB .
@sengboy
You only need to get this from shout factory website if you need the lithograph

If you are only interested in the steelbook and don't need the lithograph
The steelbook without the lithograph will be available to order from Amazon USA/Canada and other USA retailers websites
WowHD retailer will also have the steelbook

Amazon should have listed on their website Shout Factory november releases towards the end of this month or in september

Steelbook has a print run of 10,000

Last edited:
Reactions: sengboy
Eventually Universal or Shout Factory would do the UHD for this catalog for sure, they even did many UHD for less popular titles so I think it’s just the matter of time..

Last edited:
There is a slight possibility Amazon USA and Amazon Canada will delay listing some shout factory november releases and later releases until after release date

Shout Factory have put 3 week release date embargo on other USA retailers (excluding Amazon) from listing Shout factory/Scream factory for sale as in they can't list these for sale until 3 weeks after release date

Amazon was excluded from this embargo but so far amazon not yet listed November releases bar Shout Select release The Jerk Blu-ray

The offset of this embargo with other USA/Canada retailers is amazon won't price match until the other retailers are selling and have reduced their prices

I will now wait until after release date unless it's a very limited release to order Shout Factory releases on Amazon and wait till they price match other retailers

With this steelbook having a print run of 10,000 it's not going to sell out fast so best to wait until amazon price drops

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
There is a slight possibility Amazon USA and Amazon Canada will delay listing some shout factory november releases and later releases until after release date

Shout Factory have put 3 week release date embargo on other USA retailers excluding Amazon from listing Shout factory/Scream factory for sale as in they can't list these for sale until after release date

Amazon was excluded from this embargo but so far amazon not yet listed November releases bar Shout Select release The Jerk Blu-ray

The offset of this embargo with other USA/Canada retailers is amazon won't price match until the other retailers are selling and have reduced their prices

I will now wait until after release date unless it's a very limited release to order Shout Factory releases on Amazon and wait till they price match other retailers

With this steelbook having a print run of 10,000 it's not going to sell out fast so best to wait until amazon price drops
This explains why none of them have turned up on CDWOW yet either

Reactions: paulboland

Shout Factory have put 3 week release date embargo on other USA retailers expect Amazon from listing Shout factory/Scream factory for sale as in they can't list these for sale until 3 weeks after release date

Waiting then.
I cannot (and will not) swallow Shout's ridiculous flat fee of $6 for shipping ONE blu ray.

Reactions: paulboland
Waiting then.
I cannot (and will not) swallow Shout's ridiculous flat fee of $6 for shipping ONE blu ray.
The reason I gather shout have done this is to get orders direct on shout website as other retailers are selling their releases at cheaper prices.

IMO they are not doing themselves any favours as they are risking ending up with some of their releases selling less units overall.

USA/Canada retailers pay shout the dealer price for their releases anyway and some smaller retailers end up paying RRP so shout get paid either way.

Pre ordering a release leads to less likely canceling an order but if you can only purchase 3 weeks after release date the impulse to purchase might have reduced by then.

Shout Factory website don't ship outside USA/Canada so they need the other USA/Canada retailers who ship worldwide and local high street based USA/Canada retailer stores to sell their releases to a wider base of customers.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Amazon USA and Canada sold out at the moment but they might be getting more stock

You can only purchase this online from Shout Factory or Amazon US/CA

FYE might have stock in-store but I'm not 100% if that happening

Looks just fine based on these pics courtesy nuikichiSB and no better or worse than any of the others in this wraparound design mini collection:-
DsnhMFbU8AE5yIW.jpg:large

DsnhMxuU0AAhm9w.jpg:large

DsnhMaLVYAAzSz7.jpg:large