The Toxic Avenger (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: The Toxic Avenger (live!!!)
Price: £16.99
Note: Limited to 2,500 Copies. Matte and Varnish Embossed 'Toxic' and Title.

10958727-1400241424-938992.jpg

10958727-1400233801-484079.jpg

10958727-1400233801-484089.jpg

Special features:

· All Region Codes
· Audio Commentary with co-director Lloyd Kaufman
· Alternate Japanese Cut. (92 Mins- Standard Definition)
· Introduction to Japanese Cut
· 15th Anniversary Introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
· 30th Anniversary Introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
· The Radiation March
· Intro from Toxic Crusaders cartoon
· Toxie - 15 Years Later
· Tromaville Café - The Death of Toxie
· Troma Studio Building Tour
· Mopboy Secrets with commentary by Mark Torgl
· Why is Lloyd Kaufman living in a refrigerator box?
· Public Service Announcement
· Aroma Du Troma
· Toxic Slide Show
· Theatrical Trailer
· BonusTrailers:

Bloodsucking Freaks
The Toxic Avenger 2
The Toxic Avenger 3
Citizen Toxie

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom of the barrel..........found. So many films crying out for a steel and we get this?

Still, while it's not for me, I hope it's a good design so that fans can pick up a definitive copy.

Reactions: aliblahblah
Bottom of the barrel..........found. So many films crying out for a steel and we get this?

Still, while it's not for me, I hope it's a good design so that fans can pick up a definitive copy.

Bottom of the barrel? This is arguable the greatest B horror movie of all time. It started a huge run of trashy horror movies in the 80's. A LOT of people wanted this one.

is this here?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/M...tZTYwMTMzNjg4._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Storyline

This is the story of Melvin, the Tromaville Health Club mop boy, who inadvertently and naively trusts the hedonistic, contemptuous and vain health club members, to the point of accidentally ending up in a vat of toxic waste. The devastating results then have a transmogrification effect, his alter ego is released, and the Toxic Avenger is born, to deadly and comical results. The local mop boy is now the local Superhero, the saviour of corruption, thuggish bullies and indifference. Troma classic with good make-up effects and stunts, a pleasant surprise indeed.

if so looks like a pile of poo, £19.99 and they reckon they will sell 4000 EEK!
reckon will end in bargain bin at £9.99 if they are lucky could be a bit :emb: with this one.

anyway hope i'm wrong time will tell :movie:

basil :thumbs:

Unusual title choice especially with a print run of 4000

Will look at the artwork and if extras are interesting

Will this sell out soon answer will be NO not with a print run of 4000

If I like the Steelbook and contents I will consider at a later stage when price drops

There is no danger of this been a sold out release for a good while in my opinion

is this here?

Storyline

This is the story of Melvin, the Tromaville Health Club mop boy, who inadvertently and naively trusts the hedonistic, contemptuous and vain health club members, to the point of accidentally ending up in a vat of toxic waste. The devastating results then have a transmogrification effect, his alter ego is released, and the Toxic Avenger is born, to deadly and comical results. The local mop boy is now the local Superhero, the saviour of corruption, thuggish bullies and indifference. Troma classic with good make-up effects and stunts, a pleasant surprise indeed.

if so looks like a pile of poo, £19.99 and they reckon they will sell 4000 EEK!
reckon will end in bargain bin at £9.99 if they are lucky could be a bit :emb: with this one.

anyway hope i'm wrong time will tell :movie:

basil :thumbs:

That's the one, it's getting it's first ever blu-ray release on August 18th.

It's a bit of a cult film so I wouldn't be too sure it won't sell out if the SB isn't released elsewhere

That's the one, it's getting it's first ever blu-ray release on August 18th.

It's a bit of a cult film so I wouldn't be too sure it won't sell out if the SB isn't released elsewhere

The standard blu-ray is being released in the US in July and in the UK in August. But Troma has a big cult following and horror fans love special editions. They will eat this one up. Especially if it looks nice and has some good extras. I expect the price to drop a bit when it goes live.