Mar 10, 2011
SoCal
The UK Slipcover Megathread

Attachments

• UK.png
    UK.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by a moderator:
Hows this then - cant find a pic with a How to Train your Dragon slip anywhere (ebay etc) blu-ray.com doesnt mention one either.

The amaray art is the old release and apparently there was a re-release last month with new art (£27 on Amazon?!) and thats what i have on the slip cover!

Nice surprise anyway - its glossy :)

IMG_20140615_135922.jpg

I just binged watched House Of Cards, S's 1 and 2 in the last few days EEK!

So good! I'm hooked, can't wait for season 3 :scat:

I still haven't seen S2 but I absolutely loved S1. Such a fantastic show! Will definitely get both digipak's for this.

Hows this then - cant find a pic with a How to Train your Dragon slip anywhere (ebay etc) blu-ray.com doesnt mention one either.

The amaray art is the old release and apparently there was a re-release last month with new art (£27 on Amazon?!) and thats what i have on the slip cover!

Nice surprise anyway - its glossy :)

View attachment 72940

Out of interest has anyone seen the amaray of this with the art on my slip? I saw one (and only one) on ebay completed but it was just the amaray, no slip?! The non 3D version of the re-release is a blu ray only yet my slip states Blu ray and DVD which my amaray includes

This release is confusing me to hell and driving my ocd mad :hilarious: the slip has 2014 on it and my amaray has 2010. Why the new versions are so expensive on Amazon i dont know

Im a pretty big collector when it comes to blu rays lets say i went silly all them years before moving away to australia.
I have a mix of ltd editions,rare steelbooks and a lot of ones with slipcover which i do like to have if it came with one.
Its been quiet this last year buying blu rays just had more important things to spend my money on and still the same,lets say work has not been as full on was it was in the uk.
Ok title over here are sometimes the sames costs in going the exchange rate and some are way more and to be honest not as nice.
I would love to get back into buying again but its just not the right time for me just yet and i have been looking back this last yr on some titles and wow there have been a lot of blu rays come out with slipcover.
Problem is the longer you leave them and not buy the lesser chance of getting that slip,but then saying that you do get luck sometimes with older titles and still get the slip.
I do love the lenticular slipcovers the best.
And i know if you wait long enough in the buying of blu rays you do get them cheaper and come down in price,god i have seen this will titles that only came out last year.
My ask to you guys is who or where is my best place to buy a bunch of slips from a list of blu rays thats came out from now till start say of last year?
I was thinking at least if i have the slips i can buy the blu rays at my own pace or when its right price etc.
I used to hate pretty much when i purchased a blu ray and it never came with a slip just felt if was missing something even though many come without i still do like them and have so many with slips.

As for the steelbooks as much as i love them also and started to get into them when i was back in uk,zavvi then started to get into it and they did big time,slowly i started to get them but there was never an end many of the titles i had where all coming out on steel.So if did mean but a lot of the same,so decided to stop with the steelbooks for that reason but man there are some nice one to be had,but where does it end.
Not only that zavvi are not the best when it comes to i suppose packing them steels as back then play where the guys who where best.
Even if i wanted to get into the steels again dont think i could risk them being shipped all the way over here in there packing.

Buy im interested to know how i can get hold some of the slips from past year and really prefer to buy a bulk lot from one person than to buy one or two from different people due to cost of shipping and too many arriving at different times.

you gotta be kidding me! I spend 25£ on the steel thinking there wasnt a slip in the UK, and look!!! Ugh.

How much was it Dub?

Who can help me get this. Please :emb:

you gotta be kidding me! I spend 25£ on the steel thinking there wasnt a slip in the UK, and look!!! Ugh.

How much was it Dub?

Who can help me get this. Please :emb:

15.99 euros (@ HMV Dublin) but I got the last (good condition) one...the rest looked like someone dropped the box- the bottom edges (the grey part) were all badly damaged :(

Last edited: