Release date: November 22, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase link: Best Buy
SKU: 5614804
Price:
$44.99 $39.99

IMG_3679.JPG

ultimatelaikacol_bd_3d_025192381690-png.277053

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely it is a single steelbook with 4 discs inside....they would never sell a bundle of 4 steelbooks as one item/sku. We will be lucky if we get the 3D discs in this though...!!

It's strange that they would take this approach considering how well Kubo has been received. One would think that they would see it deserves a Steelbook release of its own. Is it even getting a non-Steelbook solo release or is its only scheduled release as part of this four-pack abomination?

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
The price has jumped to $44.99. I'm sad that I didn't get my order in when it was only $24.99 :muted:

The price has jumped to $44.99. I'm sad that I didn't get my order in when it was only $24.99 :muted:
I had that listed in the OP about possible price changes (the amaray is $69.99 on Amazon), but a mod edited my post.

I hate to say it, but it no longer says "BDKUBO TWO STRINGS LAIKA 4MOV COLL Bluray Disc 4 Disc Steel Book Boxed Set Ultraviolet Digital Copy" in the listing. Instead it just says: "The Ultimate Laika Collection [Includes Digital Copy] [UltraViolet] [BLu-ray] [4 Discs] [Blu-ray]"

Reactions: IRON MAN
Take this with a grain of salt, but I emailed Best Buy about the change:
Me: When I placed the order it said "BDKUBO TWO STRINGS LAIKA 4MOV COLL Bluray Disc 4 Disc Steel Book Boxed Set Ultraviolet Digital Copy" in the title. Now it no longer lists it as a steelbook. Is this item still a steelbook?

Best Buy: Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

You need not to worry. Since you pre-ordered BDKUBO TWO STRINGS LAIKA 4MOV COLL Bluray Disc 4 Disc Steel Book Boxed Set Ultraviolet Digital Copy, you should be expecting to have a steelbook.

I don't think that's true, but who knows. Maybe they'll make one just for me. In any case, I'm keeping my order cause I got the $24.99 price.

Definitely looks like a SteelBook to me. I'm moving this back to the SB section and putting 'possible' in the title until it's officially confirmed or denied.
Sweet! So glad to see it make it's way back to the steelbook forums! And I'm glad I still have my order in at $24.99!

I am super confused now. My online order shows as returned (its not even released yet) and I also got a ship notification but it doesn't say steelbook?

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 11.59.13 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles