Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: July 11, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £35.00 (Amazon) - £34.99 (HMV - Zavvi)

13794698-2124959965219688.jpg

13794698-1084959965267685.jpg
13794698-1784959965328519.jpg
13794698-1124959965171664.jpg
13794698-1684959965391450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Halo500 and milky
The only half decent films cage has physically starred in since 2010 are Joe, Mom & Dad, Mandy, Pig and Colour out of Space (according to some people :rolleyes::BS:). That's 5 passable films out of about 40 and to be honest, 0 that I'd really think to rewatch.

Bruce Willis now has a known excuse, god knows what cage has been been thinking other than $$$. That being said, this looks awesome and I was shocked cage was doing something mainstream again when I saw the trailer in the cinema. Really hope it lives up to the hype as we need a great cage film again.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
@samdavies Calling my opinion
1650719581565.png
? :rofl: I think that Mr Cage has same problem that so many American actors - have to pay mucho $ to (greedy) ex-wife(s) !

Bruce Willis now has a known excuse, god knows what cage has been been thinking other than $$$. That being said, this looks awesome and I was shocked cage was doing something mainstream again when I saw the trailer in the cinema. Really hope it lives up to the hype as we need a great cage film again.

I think that Mr Cage has same problem that so many American actors - have to pay mucho $ to (greedy) ex-wife(s) !
His business manager fooked him up and landed him in a situation where he has to make anything offered to him just to get by...

Sad really.

Nicolas Cage sues ex-manager for "financial ruin"

That is pretty common too. Or manager or something. Like Leonard Cohen was forced to tour his elderly years when his long time manager stole his money.

That is pretty common too. Or manager or something. Like Leonard Cohen was forced to tour his elderly years when his long time manager stole his money.
It didn't help that Cage was spending a fortune on random bizarre stuff too. Apparently he owns/owned a dinosaur head.

There's even a gag in this new film where he offers the guy thousands for a hideous waxwork of himself!

His business manager fooked him up and landed him in a situation where he has to make anything offered to him just to get by...

Sad really.

It didn't help that Cage was spending a fortune on random bizarre stuff too. Apparently he owns/owned a dinosaur head.

There's even a gag in this new film where he offers the guy thousands for a hideous waxwork of himself!
I do love that cage has always been so honest about all this tho. He’s exes, manager, buying habits, money issues etc

He was very clear that 90% of those 50 films in the last decade were purely to pay of debts/ lawsuits/ bankruptcy. But I’m glad he still smashes out a good performance here and there and a decent film. He’s not completely lost like Mel Gibson or Mickey Rouke

I do love that cage has always been so honest about all this tho. He’s exes, manager, buying habits, money issues etc

He was very clear that 90% of those 50 films in the last decade were purely to pay of debts/ lawsuits/ bankruptcy. But I’m glad he still smashes out a good performance here and there and a decent film. He’s not completely lost like Mel Gibson or Mickey Rouke
He needs Tarantino to write him a roll in one of his films....

Reactions: Flloydo

He does not own the dinosaur head any more. when he found out it was stolen when he bought it he returned ! :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012

Speak no evil of Mickey Rourke !

... and Mel might be gathering $ for THIS !

Looks like a decent film. But £35 for a movie? I don’t care if it’s 4K, officially done with collecting steelbooks if this is the going rate nowadays outside of a few lines (Disney, Marvel etc)

Absolutely nothing justifies this when given a couple of years this will be £10 or so in the standard amaray case. Paying an extra £25 just to have a steelbook edition of every film out there seems to be overkill now.
Every new movie doesn’t need or justify a steelbook release, least of all the premium rates now being charged!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Speak no evil of Mickey Rourke !

Not sure if this movie can actually happen now that Jim Caviezel has turned out to be such a nutjob (even in the context we are talking about here).
Was hoping more for the long-in-development-hell Berserker, but I guess The Northman killed that one for good. And the Wild Bunch remake also appears to be stalled.
I hope Gibbo will find his way behind the camera again sooner rather than later - for a guy who is so frickin good at it he sure doesn't get around to do it very much...

Reactions: Space Cadet

Sad really.

Oh yeah, I read about that too, now remembering...
They all spend too much too.

I wonder how come they give so much power to these managers, shouldn't be too hard to keep the final authorization on all transactions to themselves, so as not to allow such thievery.

He’s not completely lost like Mel Gibson or Mickey Rouke
Mel Gibson is not lost to us, he's been made lost by some people.

Not sure if this movie can actually happen now that Jim Caviezel has turned out to be such a nutjob (even in the context we are talking about here).
No matter what people think of him, he's a true to himself, devoted person, that agreed to star, and consequently endure all the physical, and other following hardships, in The Passion of the Christ, even though Gibson warned him it'd ruin his career forever afterwards.

I'm not a big believer in any traditional man-made religion, as can be probably attained from my avatar, but I do feel I have faith, and ability to discern what is good (maybe everyone does think that of themselves). But mostly I am very tired and disappointed in most of the popular actors, spewing their opinions these years unfiltered on their newly available 'social networks' - it was really better, when I didn't know them. Makes it hard to appreciate even the great roles of De Niro, after seeing his sad, angry, deplorable behavior.

Basically I'm one inch/centimeter/minute/iota from giving it all up, and only watching 'godly' DTV films of Jim Caviezel and Kevin Sorbo, or go 'right wing' only, with sensible real men, like James Woods, Jon Voight, and Tim Allen...

Fox Tv Love GIF by Last Man Standing

Absolutely nothing justifies this when given a couple of years this will be £10 or so in the standard amaray case. Paying an extra £25 just to have a steelbook edition of every film out there seems to be overkill now.
Every new movie doesn’t need or justify a steelbook release, least of all the premium rates now being charged!

You're right in that you don't want or have to have every movie in a steelbook (I wouldn't mind if industry standard by default was the digibook though, all our collections would look like bookshelves), but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an option for those that do want, maybe it's one of their favorites.

I don't get people buying steelbooks just because they're a steelbook either, without caring for a movie inside.

Nobody wants passion of the Christ 2. I couldn’t think of anything worse other than the first one

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
Nobody wants passion of the Christ 2. I couldn’t think of anything worse other than the first one
Passion of the Christ was a huge box office hit for various reasons
The acting and direction and cinematography was fantastic regardless if you have any religious beliefs or don't have any

It's just a film it don't matter if based on real events or pretend as that applies to most films
What matters is the acting and performance of the film itself

Mel Gibson is far frrom finished as a Actor or Director yes hes made some bad mistakes but he's been back a while now since all the controversial statements and legal issues in the previous years
His directorial comeback after an absence of 10 years, Hacksaw Ridge (2016), won two Academy Awards and done well at the cinema and had fantastic sales in regards home media releases
Reminder that film was also nominated for another four Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director

On November 15, 2021, Gibson confirmed that he will direct the fifth Lethal Weapon film

The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection is still in development stage but expected to be released in 2023 or 2024
That will be a hit when released simply due to the subject matter involved

He still a very good film director and all his films he's directed has done well at cinema and home media

Some films he's been in after Hacksaw Ridge as a actor was just bad films in themselves and would have performed just as bad with a different actor
He did not direct any of those films after Hacksaw Ridge he was just an actor in those films and most he done was simply to pay the bills etc
Most of those films he would have rejected acting in if he not had the previous legal issues

Passion of the Christ was a huge box office hit for various reasons
The acting and direction was fantastic regardless if you have any religious beliefs or don't have any

Omg, You really don’t have to explain this to me. It’s like saying you don’t have to be a wizard to enjoy Harry Potter!
And It don’t matter what the Academy nominate or give wins to. Not everything is good. A lot of academy stuff is pretentious. I really wish people would step out of this mind set that just because it’s nominated or awarded an Oscar it must be good. And it only made a lot of money because half the world believe in religion. That’s it. The film was still pretty sh!t and an absolute slog

It's just a film it don't matter if based on real events or pretend as that applies to most films
What matters is the acting and performance of the film itself

Thanks for explaining how films and taste work lol
Mel Gibson is far frrom finished as a Actor or Director yes hes made some bad mistakes but he's been back a while now since all the controversial statements and legeal issues in the previous years
His directorial comeback after an absence of 10 years, Hacksaw Ridge (2016), won two Academy Awards and done well at the cinema and had fantastic sales in regards home media releases

Nah, He’s pretty much finished as an actor. He’s just not any good anymore. He’s directing is decent (although I can’t stand braveheart - but it’s made well) and I used to love him as an actor, all his films, and I can still enjoy them. Grew up with his films. But he’s nothing now and his views on certain things and people are pretty f**ked up. That never goes away. 10 years or not. - although personally I don’t let things like that get in the way of films, Unless it’s really really bad - like a pedo or something

Hacksaw is a good film. Not disputing that. I own it ffs. But anyone in any controversy can still make a good film. Mel still can with directing films but in reality his lost it with acting. Directing fair enough, do what Clint did and stick to that but other than that it’s been pretty sh!t for him. Aside from hacksaw

If Weinstein was allowed to come back and produce films I guarantee you one Of them will be 10/10.

On November 15, 2021, Gibson confirmed that he will direct the fifth Lethal Weapon film

The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection is still in development stage but expected to be released in 2023 or 2024
That will be a hit when released simply due to the subject matter involved
Why you have bitten at my post is beyond me. But again you don’t need to explain all this. Just because I don’t want it it don’t change the fact it will probably be made. And I’ll still watch it like I did the first most likely when I’m bored one Sunday but I honestly have no idea why it warranted a cut and paste response from you. Of course it will be huge if it gets made. It’s religion and Christ. Religious people lap that up. It’s fantasy. We all love a fantasy film Lol. But some fantasy films can still be sh!t

I always wanted leathal weapon 5 after 4 but that was years ago. Don’t want it now. Danny glover is too old for it. I can’t hear him say I’m too old for this sh!t when he genuinely is too old for this sh!t.
(I mean glover is too old to play Murtaugh)

Omg, You really don’t have to explain this to me. It’s like saying you don’t have to be a wizard to enjoy Harry Potter!
And It don’t matter what the Academy nominate or give wins to. Not everything is good. A lot of academy stuff is pretentious. I really wish people would step out of this mind set that just because it’s nominated or awarded an Oscar it must be good. And it only made a lot of money because half the world believe in religion. That’s it. The film was still pretty sh!t and an absolute slog
I never mentioned anything about Academy Awards nominations in regards to The Passion of Christ
As a film itself the direction is good and so is the acting and cinematography regardless of the subject matter involved
Lots of people enjoyed the film even those who are not religious as in don't believe in any religion

I never mentioned anything about Academy Awards nominations in regards to The Passion of Christ
As a film itself the direction is good and so it's the acting and cinematography regardless of the subject matter involved
I know you didn’t. It was the only thing you didn’t mention! But you made a point with it about hacksaw ridge. And I can’t stand that pretentiousness that because it’s been nominated it’s good. In that case yeah hacksaw imo was good.

But right back at you, you didn’t have to explain why religion sells LOL or what makes a well made film.

I know you didn’t. It was the only thing you didn’t mention! But you made a point with it about hacksaw ridge. And I can’t stand that pretentiousness that because it’s been nominated it’s good. In that case yeah hacksaw imo was good.

But right back at you, you didn’t have to explain why religion sells LOL or what makes a well made film.
You missing my point a lot enjoyed the film Passion of Christ simply for the direction and acting and cinematography and film score as in people who don't have any religious beliefs including those that don't believe in any God