The Wailing (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Added to Calendar: 01-16-20

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 16, 2020 (pre-order January 7, 2020 at 2PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Kimchi: Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip | Nova: Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip
Price: $41.99 (Type A & Type B) - $42.99 (Lenti) - $36.99/$37.99 (1/4 Slip - Nova/Kimchi)
Notes: Type A (1400 copies) - Type B (900 copies) - Lenti (1400 copies) - 1/4 Slip (300 copies)

Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CleverLoginName

Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Full Slip B looks great in the pics from @hatredhorror - immediately I rushed over to KimchiDVD and Novamedia to buy it, but it's OOS in both stores now. Then I checked wdpung. He still got copies, but having read @famagosta's, @Last Lizard's and @eLviS1987's posts, I'm reluctant to actually go ahead with the purchase. Once seen, the mispelling can't be ignored, unfortunately.

Nov 18, 2016
Belgium
Full Slip B looks great in the pics from @hatredhorror - immediately I rushed over to KimchiDVD and Novamedia to buy it, but it's OOS in both stores now. Then I checked wdpung. He still got copies, but having read @famagosta's, @Last Lizard's and @eLviS1987's posts, I'm reluctant to actually go ahead with the purchase. Once seen, the mispelling can't be ignored, unfortunately.

Received mines today. No damages. Except for the misprint i can't really see any quality issue.

hatredhorror

Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
Germany
its actually almost unnoticable.. couldnt care less tbh

Nov 21, 2016
Croatia
bought full slip A from Galaxy Estore... this is his response

"I’m sorry, the company still not update replacement issue yet. I guess they will notify within 3-5 days and hope to get information soon. However, I will let you know when it finally update, so please be patient.

Kind regards,"

• Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey

Hereticz

Premium Supporter
Apr 15, 2017
Nidavellir
I must say this slip is much better in hand than I thought, there is subtle finish, little bit like holofoil, but not so strong, it just looks like fire, the slip is on fire :LOL::D, it´s really hard to describe, even the video above doesn´t show it as real. Really nice surprise, like it a lot. Artwork-wise also great, fits the film nicely imho. Still have second thoughts about the lenti though :hungry:

Yeah and after Akira Kimchi, here´s another fat slip with same thickness as HDZeta, love it! Keep ´em coming Korea :thumbs::cigar::coffee:

IMG_20200206_194849.jpg

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Got my Type A today and absolutely love the slip! Thankfully the shine isn't as in your face as holofoil, but is still pretty effective, as I love how it highlights different areas depending on where the light hits... it's almost as if a spotlight is being shone to present each character to you. My only slight disappointment is the steel... the brushed steel makes it look really dull - nice embossing though and great artwork. A lovely package overall. :thumbs:

Hereticz

Premium Supporter
Apr 15, 2017
Nidavellir
Got my Type A today and absolutely love the slip! Thankfully the shine isn't as in your face as holofoil, but is still pretty effective, as I love how it highlights different areas depending on where the light hits... it's almost as if a spotlight is being shone to present each character to you. My only slight disappointment is the steel... the brushed steel makes it look really dull - nice embossing though and great artwork. A lovely package overall. :thumbs:
Exactly! You described it pretty well, it´s really cool, I still looking at it :D what a great job done here! Yeah the finish on steel is a bit shame, but at least it´s debossed.

Gonna give it a rewatch this weekend, can´t wait :oohyeah: :coffee:

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Exactly! You described it pretty well, it´s really cool, I still looking at it :D what a great job done here! Yeah the finish on steel is a bit shame, but at least it´s debossed.

Gonna give it a rewatch this weekend, can´t wait :oohyeah: :coffee:
I didn't fully read through your previous comment (I'm in a bit of a rush), so apologies for basically repeating everything you said lol. Glad to know someone agrees anyway! :D

Hope you enjoy the film buddy. :)

Reactions: Hereticz

Hereticz

Premium Supporter
Apr 15, 2017
Nidavellir
I didn't fully read through your previous comment (I'm in a bit of a rush), so apologies for basically repeating everything you said lol. Glad to know someone agrees anyway! :D

Hope you enjoy the film buddy. :)
:D :D no worries, Im glad Im not the only one who see it that way :)

Oh I already see it when it came out mate, I just give it a REwatch this time....wonder If Im gonna like it the same or different :coffee:

Reactions: Noodles

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
:D :D no worries, Im glad Im not the only one who see it that way :)

Oh I already see it when it came out mate, I just give it a REwatch this time....wonder If Im gonna like it the same or different :coffee:
Ohh my bad... I obviously missed that you said "rewatch" before. :facepalm:

Welp, hopefully it stands up on a second viewing then! ;)

Reactions: Hereticz