The Walking Dead Season 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN is pleased to bring you this news first-info about all 3 seasons is below.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Steelbook-live!

Release date is December 9,2013
Price £27.99
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

Play.com store: Click to buy - Free Delivery in the UK when buying from play.com
Ebay store: Click to buy - Delivery to most locations
Group Buy: Click HERE (Safest delivery option, handled by top notch member)

View attachment 52765

We***8217;re certainly planning to continue doing all future seasons of The Walking Dead in steelbook with matching artwork ***8211; it looks likely season 4 will be out in September 2014 as it follows the same pattern as Game of Thrones (i.e. the new season hits DVD and Blu-Ray just before the new season starts).

We***8217;ve been told that the steelbooks will feature in the US Walking Dead magazine, so likely to be quite a bit of international interest for these.

The Entertainment Store is pleased to announce our latest exclusive steelbook releases: Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of The Walking Dead, AMC***8217;s Emmy Award winning TV series.

Each season features world exclusive artwork by Mark Simpson AKA Jock, who is responsible for some of best regarded comics and art of this generation, having worked on 2000AD, The Losers and Hellblazer amongst others as well as producing artwork for many major film studios, including the artwork for HDN Steelbook of the Year 2012 winner The Raid.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 2 Blu-Rays discs
- Debossed Title Treatment
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Limited to 4,000 copies worldwide
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 3 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 5 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Jumbo Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

NB: Due to the number of discs needed for all episodes and extras, Season 3 has to be in a Jumbo format case.

All 3 Seasons are sold individually, and will be on sale exclusively through The Entertainment Store on Rakuten Play.com at midday BST on Friday 11th October 2013 when the release date and pricing will be revealed.

In the meantime, our full range of steelbooks is available here: http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Attachments

• twdfinal2.jpg
    twdfinal2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 706
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
As a huge fan of Jocks art these babies are tempting me into triple dipping. Just need to sit on it and think how to save for this with a December due date. So many preorders in November/ December might have to cut some down to get these three

I have the limited edition boxsets, so really can't get these, would love to though, especially with the shows 3 best characters on the front.

ES are now shipping Worldwide on the Walking Dead Steelbooks in their EBay Store
Would help if the OP was updated

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Walki...t=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item25854d02d7

I could be wrong. I think we are seeing a strategic play here. They are only offering to ship worldwide with certain areas/ countries excluded on the Walking Dead season steels, Natural Born Killers and Forbidden planet. NO OTHER ITEMS ARE BEING OFFERED FOR WORLDWIDE SHIPPING Seems to me they didn't sell well / few preorders or sales have come to a standstill and are now open to selling these particular steelbooks to a worldwide audience. I think they know very well that their 2 biggest competitors ( amazon and zavvi ) get an edge by offering international shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigducknfish
I could be wrong. I think we are seeing a strategic play here. They are only offering to ship worldwide with certain areas/ countries excluded on the Walking Dead season steels, Natural Born Killers and the lost planet. NO OTHER ITEMS ARE BEING OFFERED FOR WORLDWIDE SHIPPINGSeems to me they didn't sell well / few preorders or sales have come to a standstill and are now open to selling these particular steelbooks to a worldwide audience. I think they know very well that their 2 biggest competitors ( amazon and zavvi ) get an edge by offering international shipping.

I don't think they are shipping Worldwide. When it happened with Forbidden Planet and Natural Born Killers, they said it was a mistake. It would probably improve their sales if the did though as you say.

I don't think they are shipping Worldwide. When it happened with Forbidden Planet and Natural Born Killers, they said it was a mistake. It would probably improve their sales if the did though as you say.

A mistake would have been fixed by now. I see intent here. Every other item is locked out even World War Z and Star Trek into Darkness which by all accounts were a success sales wise within the UK. Just my thoughts on this. I have no interest whatsoever in the titles being offered so looking at it from the outside

When I ordered Forbidden Planet, they indeed said the listing was a mistake, they then messaged again and said that it was in fact correct and that they were trialing Worldwide Shipping and promptly dispatched mine to Australia.

I think there will always be some exclusions in Worldwide shipping but it is strange that Afghanistan is included and Italy and Spain Excluded. Although Ebay Australia have a tougher seller criteria if posting to Spain and italy because of items going missing.

When I ordered Forbidden Planet, they indeed said the listing was a mistake, they then messaged again and said that it was in fact correct and that they were trialing Worldwide Shipping and promptly dispatched mine to Australia.

I think there will always be some exclusions in Worldwide shipping but it is strange that Afghanistan is included and Italy and Spain Excluded. Although Ebay Australia have a tougher seller criteria if posting to Spain and italy because of items going missing.

Oh cool, although a pain in the ass for those who have already arranged group buys. I suppose I should order a copy of NBK sooner rather than later as i'm sure it won't last long looking as good as it does if it's available Worldwide. It's very strange that they don't offer shipping to some EU countries though.

Direct from ES:

We’re slowly rolling out international shipping across a selection of our range, including some of the steelbooks. We have some promotional plans for The Walking Dead, and so decided to list them on eBay with international shipping to selected locations – note that there are some countries we don’t ship to (Spain, Italy, most of Asia etc ), but of course if your Group Buy members can buy direct on eBay then feel free to cancel the orders down.

If you're from any of countries listed below it's cheaper for you to order via their ebay store - so if you wish to cancel your GB orders please say so via the GB:

1. Australia
  2. Belgium
  3. Canada
  4. Czech Republic
  5. Denmark
  6. Finland
  7. France
  8. Germany
  9. Gibraltar
  10. Guernsey
  11. Hong Kong
  12. Iceland
  13. Ireland
  14. Japan
  15. Jersey
  16. Liechtenstein
  17. Luxembourg
  18. Malta
  19. Monaco
  20. Montenegro
  21. Netherlands
  22. Norway
  23. Portugal
  24. Sweden
  25. Switzerland
  26. UK
  27. USA

Ebay links:

TWD S1
TWD S2
TWD S3

If you're country isn't listed above then the Group Buy will stay open for you to order HERE.

cheers all

David

p.s. this is how ES pack steels:

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Its not great at all for overseas delivery, but hey ho, free shipping...

Last edited:
Reactions: harry and Bluprint
Hello David,
I'll stay with you I've got a better package with you:)
Will adhere to the price for the GB to change something?
Thanks!