Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £119.99
DJlvT1oW4AAEfjH.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi sent my box set with just bubble wrap. :angry::ohno::banghead:
I contacted zavvi a week before they ship the box set. I specifically asked them if they could bubble wrap and ship it in a sturdy box to avoid dings or dents. Lyle from zavvi team responded "I can assure you that the warehouse team will take every necessary precaution to ensure your item arrives undamaged. I hope this has helped to resolve your query and hope you receive your item soon.Thanks"
They bubble wrap it alright. :bag: For £122.19 shipped, you think they will especially take care of it. Nope! :dead:

IMG_5680.JPG IMG_5679.JPG IMG_5682.JPG IMG_5686.JPG IMG_5687.JPG IMG_5688.JPG IMG_5689.JPG IMG_5690.JPG IMG_5691.JPG IMG_5693.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I contacted zavvi a week before they ship the box set. I specifically asked them if they could bubble wrap and ship it in a sturdy box to avoid dings or dents. Lyle from zavvi team responded "I can assure you that the warehouse team will take every necessary precaution to ensure your item arrives undamaged. I hope this has helped to resolve your query and hope you receive your item soon.Thanks"
They bubble wrap it alright. :bag: For £122.19 shipped, you think they will especially take care of it. Nope! :dead:

View attachment 342986 View attachment 342987 View attachment 342997 View attachment 342989 View attachment 342990 View attachment 342991 View attachment 342992 View attachment 342993 View attachment 342994 View attachment 342995
Dude, did you opt for tracked or the cheaper non-tracked shipping? How long did it take for delivery?

Reactions: PunkNinja

View attachment 342986 View attachment 342987 View attachment 342997 View attachment 342989 View attachment 342990 View attachment 342991 View attachment 342992 View attachment 342993 View attachment 342994 View attachment 342995
@PunkNinja that is shocking, dude :angry:. I know packaging is problem for a lot of collectors but I've never known a company to ship without any outer box. That's just ridiculous. I hope you sent these pictures to them. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyle from Zavvi was just an automated response.

@PunkNinja that is shocking, dude :angry:. I know packaging is problem for a lot of collectors but I've never known a company to ship without any outer box. That's just ridiculous. I hope you sent these pictures to them. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyle from Zavvi was just an automated response.

I have had same with an order from france creed collecter edition about a year or so ago, you where lucky yours had bubble wrap i had nothing just labels stuck on the box and sent from france to australia ok i got refunded or option to get replacement but luckly the goodies was ok inside just the actual box it came in was a mess.
Was a nice looking box to, but something thats too big anyway and items was nicer inside to display that its box.
But it can happen i was wtf when it arrived from postman,even asked a few members if there one was sent same way and it was boxed.
But must have been a one off and yep it was me who got picked out once again.
But i rate that one top of my list as worst packing job lol as there was none.

• Thanks
Dude, did you opt for tracked or the cheaper non-tracked shipping? How long did it take for delivery?
Tracked under DHL. It took 3 days.

Yes, they already responded. I'm keeping the item so they'll just give me 15% refund.

Reactions: SavageAmusement
only just coming to this: thanks for all the pics, @PunkNinja - but agree with @Mark Wilson - that's simply not good enough, specially for a product with a premium price. if you're pursuing it, i hope you get some form of recompense. :thumbs:

slightly off topic, some of you may recall i went for the Walkers z-box:
"will update the thread on the extent of tat when received." That made me laugh:LOL::thumbs:
Thanks for the tag:notworthy::thumbs: I didn't go for the box cos I like to know what I'm buying... I'm a bit boring that way:emb:

Hopefully it won't be full of tat and I'll look forward to seeing your pics of the contents when the box arrived:cigar:

i haven't been hiding, it was delayed 4 times and finally arrived the week before Christmas. @elle82 @chunk @Lewis Watts, here is your :twd: tat report :twd:! and, basically, it's as expected:
- a Saviours T, which i have to admit i rather like
- a Carl Grimes Funko (i have Rick on pre-order, so that worked out quite nicely)
- a Daryl bobble head
- a keyring. yay.
- some badges, and
- the piece do resistance, a squeaky dog toy in the shape of a Walker head.
The Walking Dead_Z-Box.jpg

wonder what the contents looked like before they postponed in 4 times?! anyway, happy enough with the Carl and T, the rest i am sure i will find homes for.

oh, and hope you all had a great Christmas. :thumbs: