The Walking Dead: Season 8 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Saturday July 28 @ around 6PM UK time)
Price: £34.99

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes thats where i seen it so what does it mean no more from likes of zavvi? But dont zavvi and france sometimes sell same steels? Will this from france be the only edition?

Depends on how well it sold for Zavvi. If they did OK with it, I would expect another one. No word as of yet from the artist (Jock) if he made the next cover, so it's really up in the air for now, IMO

I

I hope this is not the case im sure i seen somewhere advertising a steelbook s9 somewhere but i might be wrong. And here was me just buying into the steelbooks just these past weeks as no limited editions anymore and thought i continue with steelbooks i have three more to get and s9 would be next. What a waste of time that will have been then,this is such annoying for collectors who wish to have full set and never will now. Got i never collected them but they had steels for each season. Why cant these clowns not continue until at least walking dead is finally over. The stopped with limited editions which was annoying and now steelbooks.
I think internationally eOne has been releasing TWD, so this shouldn’t affect jock SteelBooks

Last edited:
Never has a delivery made me so happy and so extremely frustrated and pissed.

A76BFAB5-47D9-4077-A8AF-A83AB044E4D0.jpeg

2A4BEDCF-C060-4F2A-9107-D5964FAEE5F0.jpeg

615C290C-9C95-4BCE-8DA7-26482DF0B4FF.jpeg

41835612-671B-424A-BA2C-D5EC8ADA4C23.jpeg

Here’s the problem. They got bent during shipping. They were sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard and mailed in a large thin envelope.

F7659703-06D5-4B21-A2DF-9671256E8371.jpeg

CDF4340E-F2FB-4FF3-947D-8C526F67D373.jpeg

E12D5198-C2D3-49B2-82CE-8E50F0A67C4F.jpeg

A9DB45CC-FDB3-47D2-9863-40DB106A8A76.jpeg

0AC69231-40CF-496F-8D6E-A0B7903143A4.jpeg

099B07D0-A097-4737-9922-5BBDD72E193B.jpeg

Last edited:
Never has a delivery made me so happy and so extremely frustrated and pissed.

View attachment 447832
View attachment 447830
View attachment 447831
View attachment 447833

Here’s the problem. They got bent during shipping. They were sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard and mailed in a large thin envelope.

My man, really amazing items and words fail me on how I would feel in the same situation. That's really awful indeed :sick:
Any chance of replacements?

• Friendly
Reactions: dfoles
My man, really amazing items and words fail me on how I would feel in the same situation. That's really awful indeed :sick:
Any chance of replacements?
Right? It’s such an awesome score and such an awful thing to happen. And unfortunately no, I think the seller had 1 other that I think he sold

I hope it's okay to post this request in this thread... Does anybody have the UK Steel and doesn't care for the J-Card/slip? I got the Scandinavian release because I missed the UK edition, which now is my only Jock TWD steel w/o the UK J-Card/slip. I'd happily pay (a reasonable) price for it, too. If you're willing to sell, send me a PM, please. Thanks in advance!

It took this thread to remind me that this show is still going. xD
"Amazing", isn't it? :wacky:
I quit after the terrible seventh season. However, three weeks ago I discovered Netflix (Germany) has it available for streaming up to season 9. I was in the mood for some TWD, so I gave it another chance and started a re-run of season 7. There's no denying, it's a bad season (and 8 isn't much better), but it clearly profits from watching without a forced weeklong break inbetween the episodes (and an even longer one between the season's halves). I've now arrived at about half of the ninth season. It has notably improved over the earlier two, but it still got major problems and is far from the show's greatness in the first three, four seasons. Despite the fact it's a mostly forgetable show now, I still continue to collect those steelbooks, because I really like the art by Jock and the continuity. I'd love to have a continuous set of J-Cards, too, which brings me back to my earlier request. ;)

Reactions: FN-2187
I haven't even watched season 9
Yeah, it was something that I gave up on :spoil: Think I made it to a couple of episodes into season 8 and have never had the urge to get back into it. Shame really as I loved this in its earlier seasons:(

Reactions: luke98
The show stopped being good after season 1.

AMC did this show dirty.
I think there were plenty of good seasons it just started to get a little boring for me in season 7 and totally gave up by the start of season 8

I respect your opinion, but I can't agree with it.

It's just so stupid, I enjoy it now because it's so bad it's good. But there are so many better shows on TV right now.
If it's so bad then why has it lasted 10 seasons, so it's obviously doing something right? Respect for your opinion but I beg to differ. I can't find a better show on TV and the only one that comes close to appealing my interest is Vikings everything else is sh!t. I think there's just a small group here that just don't like it, the audience ratings don't lie.

Reactions: MrSquifler