Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: December 15, 2022
Purchase link: Imprint
Price: AUD $99.95
Notes: 2000 COPIES ONLY.

1666350435140.png

Thanks to @Lollard2002 for the link.

WE’RE GOING ALL THE WAY BACK TO IMPRINT COLLECTION #1!
In celebration of our two-year anniversary, we are revisiting Imprint Collection #1 in our first 4K & Blu-ray SteelBook™, housed in a 3D lenticular hardcase and a special 44 page collector’s booklet.

H.G. Wells’ chilling novel of a Martian invasion of Earth becomes even more frightening in this 1953 film adaptation that’s widely regarded as one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all time.

2000 COPIES ONLY.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

Disc One – 4K UHD

• Dolby Vision and HDR10
  • Remastered DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Commentary by Actors Ann Robinson and Gene Barry
  • Commentary by Film Director Joe Dante, Film Historian Bob Burns, and Bill Warren, author of Keep Watching The Skies!
  • The Sky Is Falling: Making The War of the Worlds
  • H.G. Wells: The Father of Science Fiction
  • The Mercury Theatre On The Air presents The War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Optional English Subtitles

Disc 2 – Blu-ray

• 4K restoration from the original camera negative
  • Audio commentary by film critics Barry Forshaw & Kim Newman
  • Remastered Dolby 5.1 surround remix
  • Audio commentary by actor Gene Barry and actress Ann Robinson
  • Audio commentary by “fans” Joe Dante, Bob Burns and Bill Warren
  • Original English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
  • “The Sky is Falling: Making War of the Worlds” documentary
  • “H.G. Wells: The Father of Science Fiction” featurette
  • “The Mercury Theater on the Air Presents: The War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast” (with stills of Orson Welles)
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Optional English Subtitles
*Special features, specifications and artwork subject to change

Any pre-order titles will be dispatched in the week leading up to its aforementioned release date. Special features and artwork are subject to change.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Works out to expensive to ship to Ireland even after converting Australian Dollar to Euros
AUD $99.95 + shipping $45.00
Total AUD $144.95 = €93.69

€94 for a SteelBook :rofl:
Not paying that

I have the UK 4K Collector's Edition on Pre order instead and that also includes the Blu-ray of the Film When Worlds Collide
£29.99

All in paid £75 and that includes postage. So happy camper. Was not happy buying the uK pressing where you had to buy When Worlds Collide as Well

I was expecting some kind of crazy price. They're charging huge markups because of the packaging. No 4K of a single film is worth a hundred bucks.

All in paid £75 and that includes postage. So happy camper. Was not happy buying the uK pressing where you had to buy When Worlds Collide as Well
You paying lot more by getting the Australian release than getting UK release

UK release you can purchase standard amaray edition for £19.99 or £29.99 for collector's edition

UK both Standard and Collector's includes both War of the Worlds in 4K UHD and a blu-ray of when worlds colliide as in 2 films

Australia release is just 1 film and way overpriced that's even before shipping is added

I really like the original art on the slipcover. So I may just get the standard 4k edition from Imprint in the future when it gets released. Then use a double disk tray to keep both discs.

Steelbook looks nice! If i did not have the original slipcover i would be all over this i guess.

Seeing that nr.1 on the spine makes me wonder if Powerhouse Films will do the same with the Indicator series, now that they announced that they will release 4k blu rays next year.

Last edited:
You paying lot more by getting the Australian release than getting UK release

UK release you can purchase standard amaray edition for £19.99 or £29.99 for collector's edition

UK both Standard and Collector's includes both War of the Worlds in 4K UHD and a blu-ray of when worlds colliide as in 2 films

Australia release is just 1 film and way overpriced that's even before shipping is added
I'm getting it because 1/ It's a steelbook and 2/don't need When Worlds Collide as I already have the imprint copy... So the 4k special edition from oz is nice. Also it's great to get a special edition of a classic sci-fi film of that era especially in 4k. I wish we could get Forbidden Planet among others like that. Also judging by the blu-ray I loved the way they tidied up the special effects without jarring and removing the wires and I've been told it's even more impressive in 4k... Very few premium steelbook sets grab my attention but this one certainly did and I was amazed to grab a copy. It'll be sold out within a week... Very popular is that version of War of the Worlds.