The Wicker Man (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (StudioCanal Vintage Classics) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 25, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £59.99
Notes: Rigid book pop-up packaging - 5 Discs (2 x UHD - 2 x Blu-ray and CD EP songs from The Wicker Man)
  • 5-disc 4K UHD collector's edition rigid 'book' pop-up packaging, including all 3 cuts of the film restored in 4K , plus ;
  • X1 exclusive EP featuring artists from Heavenly records covering songs from the soundtrack
  • 64 page booklet, featuring brand new essays
  • 3 'postcards from Summerisle'
  • 2 posters (original theatrical artwork and new artwork)

Wicker Man Collector's Edition.jpg

Last edited:
More details about the collector's edition will be available at a later date

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the folk-horror classic, THE WICKER MAN, STUDIOCANAL is delighted to announce a brand-new 4K restoration of the film and a series of special events and releases, beginning this Spring and culminating with a Collector’s Edition release in September.
STUDIOCANAL have restored all 3 cuts of THE WICKER MAN in honour of the 50TH ANNIVERSARY.

THE WICKER MAN: Final Cut will be released in UK cinemas with accompanying 50th Anniversary event footage on June 21st: the Summer Solstice.

THE WICKER MAN (all 3 versions) will then be released in an exclusive Collector’s Edition and on 4k UHD for the first time on September 4th

40th anniversary, 50th anniversary, Studiocanal never lets you down! I wonder how many discs this will have. My old Zavvi steelbook only have room for two.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye
Am i the only one who likes the remake ?
i know the original is cult classic. But never got why the remake got so much hate.
How can you hate a movie with Cage roundhouse kicking girl in a bear suit.
The remake certainly deserves it's place in cult history. I wouldn't say I liked it but I'm glad it exists. :smuggrin:

Reactions: ddeahl and Jocelin
*Pop-up artwork coming soon

• 5-disc 4K UHD collector's edition rigid 'book' pop-up packaging, including all 3 cuts of the film restored in 4K , plus ;
  • X1 exclusive EP featuring artists from Heavenly records covering songs from the soundtrack
Extras included on the disc are:

• NEW - Locations featurette
  • NEW - Shaffer and Hardy
  • NEW - Robin Hardy's original script
  • NEW - Interview with Britt Ekland
  • Worshipping The Wicker Man
  • The Music of The Wicker Man
  • Interview with Robin Hardy (2013)
  • Interview with Robin Hardy and Christopher Lee (1979)
  • Making of commentary
  • Trailers
  • Stills gallery

Will look nicely together with Midsommar Japan edition, although Im sure this one won´t have such a cool finish. Either way, must buy.

Hope those ratings logos are stickers and not printed on the cover, ruining that great artwork.
StudioCanal don't use stickers with slips
Age ratings it will be a Jcard or be printed on slip
Only when someone has release in hand will it be known for sure

This will be a rigid slip with pop-up packaging
Full artwork and packaging is still be be revealed

When StudioCanal provide the mock up showing all contents it will be added to OP

Wow, that artwork... ahem. I might be keeping my old slip and swapping some discs. It's a little 'bright' for my tastes! :rofl:

THE RESTORATION
This restoration was scanned in 4K by Silver Salt Restoration UK, from the original 35mm negative.
A second generation 35mm intermediate positive produced in 1973 was used to replace a small section with unrepairable damage in the original negative. The additional footage is sourced from 35mm prints, which are the only known sources for this material. Colour grading and restoration were completed by Silver Salt Restoration UK who dedicated over 500 hours to fix physical damage to the 35mm negative, manually clean and remove dirt, sparkle and scratches. The colour grade used was previously approved by Robin Hardy and replicated here

HEAVENLY RECORDINGS EP
To celebrate the film’s iconic soundtrack, acclaimed record label HEAVENLY RECORDINGS have produced an exclusive 7 track EP featuring new versions of some of the film’s most memorable music, performed by Katy J Pearson and friends, including Broadside Hacks and H.Hawkline with remixes by Richard Norris and Stone Club.

Katy J Pearson said: “Strangely, I heard The Wicker Man soundtrack way before I watched the movie. I remember my dad playing me Willow’s Song and I found it hypnotic and it started being a song I listened to a lot. The version I did for the record was a kind of psychedelic/ kraut rock version so having the opportunity to work with my friends Broadside Hacks on a traditional cover which they put together so beautifully has been really brilliant. I’m such a fan so it’s an honour to be involved in the 50th anniversary of The Wicker Man.”

Willow’s Song will be released as a single on June 21. The full EP will be available in the Autumn and will also be included in THE WICKER MAN COLLECTOR’S EDITION from September 4.

Contents:
  • 5-disc set , with pop-up artwork in rigid 'book' casing.
  • includes all 3 cuts of the film restored in 4K, plus an exclusive EP from Heavenly Records featuring artists such a Katy J Pearson covering classic tracks from The Wicker Man soundtrack.
  • Also includes a 64-page booklet, including an introduction from Justin and Dominic Hardy, plus brand-new essays from Ritual author David Pinner, Rosie Fletcher, Editor of Den Of Geek and John Walsh, author of forthcoming Titan book The Wicker Man The Official Story of the Film, plus x 3 Summerisle postcards and x posters of new and original artwork

DISC BREAKDOWN:

UHD 1

• FEATURE - THE FINAL CUT
  • Revisiting the locations of The Wicker Man
  • The Wicker Man at 50
  • Robin Hardy's Script - The Lost Ending
  • Interview with Britt Ekland
  • Interview with Robin Hardy & Christopher Lee (1979)
  • New Trailer
  • Behind the Scenes Stills Gallery
  • Burnt Offering: The Cult of the Wicker Man
  • Wicker Man Enigma

UHD 2
  • FEATURE - THE DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • FEATURE - THE THEATRICAL CUT
  • Audio Commentary with Robin Hardy, Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward
  • Making of The Commentary

Blu-ray Disc 1
  • FEATURE - THE FINAL CUT
  • Revisiting the locations of The Wicker Man
  • The Wicker Man at 50
  • Robin Hardy's Script - The Lost Ending
  • Interview with Britt Ekland
  • Interview with Robin Hardy & Christopher Lee (1979)
  • New Trailer
  • Behind the Scenes Stills Gallery
  • Burnt Offering: The Cult of the Wicker Man
  • Wicker Man Enigma

Blu-ray Disc 2
  • FEATURE - THE DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • FEATURE - THE THEATRICAL CUT
  • Audio Commentary with Robin Hardy, Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward
  • Making of The Commentary

DISC 5
CD EP Katy J Pearson & Friends present songs from The Wicker Man
Track listing:
01. Katy J Pearson & Wet Leg (tbc), Drug Store Romeo’s, Sarah Meth, Evie Hilyer-Ziegler - Fire Leaps
02. Katy J Pearson & Broadside Hacks - Willow’s Song
03. Katy J Pearson & H. Hawkline - Gently Johnny
04. Katy J Pearson & Orbury Common, Bert Ussher - Maypole
05. Broadside Hacks - Corn Rigs
06. Katy J Pearson & Broadside Hacks - Lullaby
07. Katy J Pearson & H. Hawkline - Gently Johnny (Stone Club Remix)
08. Katy J Pearson - Willow’s Song (Richard Norris Ritual Mix)
09. Katy J Pearson - Willow’s Song album version

Reactions: Noodles and Daubt