Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

The World is Not Enough.jpg

The image on the new wave of James Bond Steelbooks comes from the opening credits of the films

The same was used with the steelbooks from 2015 that got a release in UK and other countries the opening credits of the films was used

Previous James Bond wave of steelbooks from 2015
James Bond Steelbooks.jpg

I get the theme, but I'm so disappointed with this and tomorrow never dies. Easily the worst 2 from this entire wave. They're so cropped the "art" doesn't look like anything at all. They both have great title sequences from memory, could've picked a more appropriate still from the sequence, ffs.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yeah, they look crappy, and there's gotta be better shots from the credits, or they must have the original art graphics used for it, that something better composed could be made out of.

I'm getting them anyway because I never had Brosnan ones in steelbooks.

Reactions: Boilersteel
Yeah, they look crappy, and there's gotta be better shots from the credits, or they must have the original art graphics used for it, that something better composed could be made out of.

I'm getting them anyway because I never had Brosnan ones in steelbooks.
I never even had them in blu ray, so buys for me too. We got word on Goldeneye and die another day yet?

The image on the new wave of James Bond Steelbooks comes from the opening credits of the films

The same was used with the steelbooks from 2015 that got a release in UK and other countries the opening credits of the films was used

Previous James Bond wave of steelbooks from 2015
View attachment 538757

So ?

Pretty much no-one liked them then, and now they are doing more ?

Point ?

Someone in charge is not up his/hers job.

So, point is for something nobody liked a lot of people must have bought them because they sold out.

People have been saying for the last 7 years that they wished the wave would continue so they could complete their sets.

Now they get more in the same wave and people say they don't like them.

But I'm seeing a lot of comments around from people saying they're ugly but they will buy them anyway...because they want to complete their set.

Even though they're still Blu-ray only.

Even though there are still titles missing.

So why should the studios stop doing what they do with steelbooks? Just because people say they don't like them?

The studios can't hear the whining over that constant "cha-ching" sound.

Reactions: britmotley
So, point is for something nobody liked a lot of people must have bought them because they sold out.

People have been saying for the last 7 years that they wished the wave would continue so they could complete their sets.

But I'm seeing a lot of comments around from people saying they're ugly but they will buy them anyway...because they want to complete their set.

So why should the studios stop doing what they do with steelbooks? Just because people say they don't like them?

For some steelbook collectors "The World is Not Enough" ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian

Lol

"Sold Out"

It's Zavvi, I wouldn't believe that

Same things they had back online weeks/months later going for cheap

Lol

"Sold Out"

It's Zavvi, I wouldn't believe that

Same things they had back online weeks/months later going for cheap

They must have sold out at some point. Whatever the final price was. If Zavvi didn't make money off them I don't think they would be carrying another wave of them. Obviously the money made from them when they were selling at full price outweighed whatever losses (if any) they were taking when they were selling cheap.

But I get it. There are so many people out there that just want to see Zavvi sh1t the bed every time out, lose money and burn to the ground never to be seen again.

Same with Best Buy. Same with Amazon.