Feb 23, 2012
Reading, England
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

62070769_2312605189013278_3979814029022461952_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So the UK copies are full gloss and the US ones are spot glossed?

These are the same as the Captain America 4K steelbooks. Any part of the steelbook with an image is glossed. So the entire front except for the border and the image on the back is glossed. I don't think there are any differences between North America and the UK.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Skyarcke
These are the same as the Captain America 4K steelbooks. Any part of the steelbook with an image is glossed. So the entire front except for the border and the image on the back is glossed. I don't think there are any differences between North America and the UK.

Yeah I got confused in another thread it was said the UK ones were full gloss, thanks for clearing that up!

One could say they’re all spot glossed since only the parts with an image are glossed but it’s close enough to full gloss that I got confused

Reactions: Stygian
Yeah I got confused in another thread it was said the UK ones were full gloss, thanks for clearing that up!

One could say they’re all spot glossed since only the parts with an image are glossed but it’s close enough to full gloss that I got confused

Yeah i wasn't sure how to explain it either. I was going to say they were full gloss because of the full image on the front but that wasn't correct. I've always been confused by finishes unless it's either/or. For example the new 4K Avengers collection steelbooks and the Individual Endgame steelbooks are full gloss. The new Halloween 4K steelbook with the mask is matte. Anything in between and I'm lost.

Now it's possible that even the Captain America 4K steelbook in North America isn't considered gloss. It seems to have it's own special shine to it when the light is reflecting off of it. I just don't know anymore...lol.

• Helpful Post
Yeah i wasn't sure how to explain it either. I was going to say they were full gloss because of the full image on the front but that wasn't correct. I've always been confused by finishes unless it's either/or. For example the new 4K Avengers collection steelbooks and the Individual Endgame steelbooks are full gloss. The new Halloween 4K steelbook with the mask is matte. Anything in between and I'm lost.

Now it's possible that even the Captain America 4K steelbook in North America isn't considered gloss. It seems to have it's own special shine to it when the light is reflecting off of it. I just don't know anymore...lol.

There’s some wiggle room/grey area when it comes to finishes. I just picked up that Cap steelbook, the First Avenger, and certain parts of it have that metallic shine or quality to it that I don’t know how to describe. They’re not super gloss like Manta or Blufans steelbooks tend to be but they’re very nice, it’s great to see these new ones match :thumbs:

There’s some wiggle room/grey area when it comes to finishes. I just picked up that Cap steelbook, the First Avenger, and certain parts of it have that metallic shine or quality to it that I don’t know how to describe. They’re not super gloss like Manta or Blufans steelbooks tend to be but they’re very nice, it’s great to see these new ones match :thumbs:

I really like the shine on that first Captain America 4K steelbook. To me, it's almost like it has a light shining through it from the back.
It's like somebody took a gloss finish and a metallic finish and mixed them together in a paint can then shook it up to make a nice smooth glossy shiny glowing finish. Or maybe something sort of close to something like that. :dunno: :LOL:

• Haha
I was glad for these rereleases as I finally got to finish my MCU collection but man did I hate the price cost me $186 at best buy

I had thought I was ahead of the game as I have been collecting steelbooks since 2006 but I needed 4 of them myself yesterday and only had Dark World already but it was what I needed to finish all MCUs. Ironman I could have got the futureshop back in 2008 bluray steelbook but I didn't own a bluray player so opted for the DVD version instead. Ironman 2 I just missed and didn't know Target was doing a steel for it. Ironman 3 did we ever even get a US release of this I don't think so. Thor I just missed for some reason no idea why but every now and then you just miss a movie.

if anyone is looking, found a few more copies in good shape in a box I had set aside. thanks