Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Release date: September 26, 2011
Purchase link: HMV.com (Sold-out)

BSP2292.JPG

Actual pictures: (Thanks to MrFurious and Elena)
Thor.jpg

Thor2.jpg

Thor3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on the fence of whether I should take the hit and get that Thor or just settle for finding one of the newer ones since it is so much cheaper. I dont know.

I don't see the price of the original Thor changing much in the next couple of weeks, so I would wait till you see the new one as I'm sure members on here will be getting it and posting pics. If you like what you see then get the new one and spend the difference on some other Steels :D

Reactions: Marcello Tomasella
I don't see the price of the original Thor changing much in the next couple of weeks, so I would wait till you see the new one as I'm sure members on here will be getting it and posting pics. If you like what you see then get the new one and spend the difference on some other Steels :D

You are right. I passed one up here locally but it was open with a scratch and still 100 so I couldnt do it. I agree with everyone about not having to get a sealed copy as long as the steel is in perfect condition but to spend 100 and seeing that scratch right in the front would kill me.

I got Thor SB (HMV) for £42 and Captain America SB (HMV) for £21.50 from uk eBay seller last month. Both are scratchless mint condition but not factory sealed.

Initially, I was going to get Zavvi releases for both CA and Thor. But I decided to spend extra to get HMV releases after reading a few posts from HDN users.

Zavvi releases may be nicer looking than HMV releases. But at this moment, I am a very happy ower of those HMV releases steelbooks.:D

The prices of this and captain america are certainly dropping. Glad it gives people a chance without it to own such a great steel EEK! :oohyeah:

I thought Thor had been around £100 sealed for a while now, just looked on ebay and theres one ending in 5 hours thats bid up to £82.50 + £4.50 postage and the buy it nows are around £100 so i wouldnt say the price is dropping on Thor, it looks like there still going for the same price they have been for ages.

Search sold listings, some have gone around £40. I'm holding out for further price drops, it's inevitable and I'm hoping zavvi's release will make it drop faster. It's on Netflix so I'm in no rush at all for it, plenty other steels I can spend that kind of cash on for now

I thought Thor had been around £100 sealed for a while now, just looked on ebay and theres one ending in 5 hours thats bid up to £82.50 + £4.50 postage and the buy it nows are around £100 so i wouldnt say the price is dropping on Thor, it looks like there still going for the same price they have been for ages.

It's all about the timing haha. I've seen a few go for under 50 recently.

It's all about the timing haha. I've seen a few go for under 50 recently.

Agreed it's about timing. This month people have been spending loads on newer steels so ebay has seen some bargain prices. Auctions are crazy hit and miss especially at the end of the month before pay day.

Anyway, I can't see the value of Thor dropping too much. I don't think the re-release will be anywhere near the quality of this release. Plus the back artwork on this blows the new one out of the water.

Reactions: Manofsteel
under £50, im betting they were not sealed with stickers, they still fetch around £100, i know open ones go for much less but then they always have done.

The South African release is currently on sale on ebay for 50 quid sealed. Not HMV admittedly but I certainly think the opened price has dropped.

Last edited:
I don't mind which version it is I just want the design and region B compatible. I won't pay more than £30 on one steelbook tho, never ever

That used to be my mentality. Got captain america for 21 and was very happy. In the past week though I've bought tangled and up. My first imports and my first films over 25 quid. It's an expensive hobby :hilarious:

That it is! 21 for captain America is a great deal! Was that ebay?

I got my hands on an unsealed copy of Captain America for £20 today from ebay, and there was one last week that went for around £16.
Prices seems to have dropped for it recently, but Thor seems to be holding its price.

I got my hands on an unsealed copy of Captain America for £20 today from ebay, and there was one last week that went for around £16.
Prices seems to have dropped for it recently, but Thor seems to be holding its price.

Congrats. It's a great steel :thumbs: Hopefully this will drop in price as much also