Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 27, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6753ABC0-28F2-452C-B5BF-D426AECD31DF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. But that wouldn't explain the difference in finishes between regions for the same steelbook.

"We recommend you go with matte for less scratches in the UK but definitely full gloss for the U.S. because...well just because."
Someone making decisions at USA Disney clearly isn’t buying what they’re selling, and must like embossing/debossing for some movies. I don’t really care about the reason, as long as the US and importers benefit.

Someone making decisions at USA Disney clearly isn’t buying what they’re selling, and must like embossing/debossing for some movies. I don’t really care about the reason, as long as the US and importers benefit.
This steelbook just arrived from Best Buy. Have to say I am significantly impressed. Can't remember the last time there was this much debossing on an economy steelbook and the finish is great as well.

This steelbook just arrived from Best Buy. Have to say I am significantly impressed. Can't remember the last time there was this much debossing on an economy steelbook and the finish is great as well.
Lionsgate Sicario? That’s the last one that comes to my mind. That one is a beauty.

Picked mine up this morning. Looks good. No loose disks and no spine slash. There are fracking ton of these in stores. A good chunk of the time they don't put steels out anymore, but this time they must have had at least a couple of dozen on the shelves, possibly more.

Picked mine up this morning. Looks good. No loose disks and no spine slash. There are fracking ton of these in stores. A good chunk of the time they don't put steels out anymore, but this time they must have had at least a couple of dozen on the shelves, possibly more.
Steelbook is awesome, while the movie is alright. Ebay is full of these as well for now. Assumed there would be more demand, especially with the finish and embossing on front and back. Either way nice steelbook to pick up. Sounds similar to WW 1984. Steelbook design and colors were very nice, while the movie was so so, and the shelves were full of the steelbooks for weeks. Will be interesting to see how long these last on the shelves. Last MCU one that really stuck around for awhile was Eternals.

Reactions: Shark
Steelbook is awesome, while the movie is alright. Ebay is full of these as well for now. Assumed there would be more demand, especially with the finish and embossing on front and back. Either way nice steelbook to pick up. Sounds similar to WW 1984. Steelbook design and colors were very nice, while the movie was so so, and the shelves were full of the steelbooks for weeks. Will be interesting to see how long these last on the shelves. Last MCU one that really stuck around for awhile was Eternals.
When I looked on BB.com, they had Eternals and Strange 2 in stock. As much as I liked the art, WW84 just wasn’t good enough to get me to bite on buying any of the steels.

Reactions: Boilersteel
Sucks that, as I understand, the UK version won't be debossed, but I also didn't like the movie, and really want those art cards and booklet.
So it's still unknown and like I mentioned previously it's something we will never know the answer to.
Why so fatalistic, maybe we will, and maybe we already do, like in one particular case it was said they were convinced by Scanavo themselves that matte would be more efficient due to scratches being invisible.

I think it is a US conspiracy of presenting itself predominantly better, and I think they're paying Scanavo to make it so.

I dislike unboxing videos that don't show the steelbook fully opened showing the front and back together.
That's only needed if the picture wraps around.

Yeah there was quite the backlash and the guy never replied after that :rofl:
Maybe he ran to the factory to remake them...
c8e83aa3-7a3c-4b5f-8392-1fd96e7543e3_text.gif

Hi all, added some more copies to the group buy. If there is even more interest I can do one more restock.