Thor: Love and Thunder (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Amazon Japan Exclusive) [Japan]

a_o

Sep 3, 2019
Release date: December 7, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon.co.jp
Price: ¥9,990

71HdiuucizL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71OS7UxiwSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

613BC4fIsuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: goufcustom
I thought it'd be different but same shi* silver frame... Man i hope someone does smh different than this frame. I don't care if it's matte, i don't like this frame.

I thought it'd be different but same shi* silver frame... Man i hope someone does smh different than this frame. I don't care if it's matte, i don't like this frame.
It'll be the same everywhere mate. All disney wwa steels are. Only thing that may differ is the finish.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I'd buy the Japan steels, but never do because they are always matte finish. I always go with the glossy US steels.

I'd buy the Japan steels, but never do because they are always matte finish. I always go with the glossy US steels.
They aren't always matte finish... not the disney ones anyway. They're the same as the rest of the world (except US), so finishes vary. The recent slew of sony japan exclusive steels have all been glossy too btw.

Reactions: ash333 and MM3
I went for this as it normally go for the MovieNEX anyway for the 3D. Steelbook is crap with that silver border. Hopefully someone will do a steelbook magnet to cover it up like I have ended up doing on some others

They aren't always matte finish... not the disney ones anyway. They're the same as the rest of the world (except US), so finishes vary. The recent slew of sony japan exclusive steels have all been glossy too btw.
I know all the Shang-Chi steelbooks had spot gloss, but the US ones were satin with spot gloss. The true is the same for Black Widow.

Did the Doctor Strange Multiverse steelbook from Japan have full gloss like the US one? I know the UK steelbook is matte.

I know all the Shang-Chi steelbooks had spot gloss, but the US ones were satin with spot gloss. The true is the same for Black Widow.

Did the Doctor Strange Multiverse steelbook from Japan have full gloss like the US one? I know the UK steelbook is matte.
I mean it's a mixed bag. Disney steels CAN be gloss/spot in all regions, but they can also be matte or spot elsewhere instead of full gloss like the US. The US now always has gloss or spot Disney steels, i can't remember the last matte one they had.

Japan always get the same as UK/EU/AUS etc.. (ROW), it's only the US/CA that differs. DS2 and eternals were unfortunately matte for ROW, glossy US. BW & Shang-Chi were essentially the same for both, save for satin vs matte on non spot sections.

I nearly bid for the Japanese Dr Strange 2 and Shang Chi on a well known auction site, to get the 3d discs, but I read that even if you choose the English dialogue, you still get forced subtitles at the bottom of the screen which seems quite annoying. Didn’t want to risk it for the amount it was going to cost! Also, past conversions have not been great on the 3d disc, especially Dune, which I got from Amazon de.

I nearly bid for the Japanese Dr Strange 2 and Shang Chi on a well known auction site, to get the 3d discs, but I read that even if you choose the English dialogue, you still get forced subtitles at the bottom of the screen which seems quite annoying. Didn’t want to risk it for the amount it was going to cost! Also, past conversions have not been great on the 3d disc, especially Dune, which I got from Amazon de.
I've watched both BW and Shang-Chi JP 3D discs and I don't think either have hard coded subs throughout... you need to turn english subs on and off for foreign language sections, but that's to be expected given it's a disc thats only available in an non english speaking region. I don't think there's any foreign language sections in DS2 or Thor4, so it shouldn't come up.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spookz
How is the 3D?
i think the 3D was just ok, not great (Strange 2 was way better) it was serviceable but there's one specific b&w scene that i liked it a lot

i always enjoyed watching 3D at home but as lately not much 3D releases as often as before (can't believe Sony still didn't release Spider-Man: No Way Home 3D worldwide, there's only one release in Australia) so any 3D releases are always a welcome...

Last edited:
I've watched both BW and Shang-Chi JP 3D discs and I don't think either have hard coded subs throughout... you need to turn english subs on and off for foreign language sections, but that's to be expected given it's a disc thats only available in an non english speaking region. I don't think there's any foreign language sections in DS2 or Thor4, so it shouldn't come up.

Many thanks for the info. Looking at getting this now on your experience of the 3d discs. Can you tell me if the 3d disc is region free or is it coded as A ? Cheers

Many thanks for the info. Looking at getting this now on your experience of the 3d discs. Can you tell me if the 3d disc is region free or is it coded as A ? Cheers
I do have a multiregion player, but I'm relatively sure I had it set to B when I played these. Friend of mine also played them, and he has a region B player. So I'm certain they'll play in B, can't be sure for other regions. It's disney though, so probs region free.

Reactions: spookz