Thor: Ragnarok - In theaters November 3, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Thor Ragnarok (2017)
Tagline: We Should Fight
Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]
Director: [DIRECTOR]Taika Waititi[/DIRECTOR]
Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hiddleston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Natalie Portman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Ruffalo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jaimie Alexander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lou Ferrigno[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Idris Elba[/ACTOR]

Plot: Thor's world is about to explode in Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok. His devious brother, Loki, has taken over Asgard, the powerful Hela has emerged to steal the throne for herself and Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe. To escape captivity and save his home from imminent destruction, Thor must first win a deadly alien contest by defeating his former ally and fellow Avenger... The Incredible Hulk![/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
oSLd5GYGsiGgzDPKTwQh7wamO8t.jpg
[/POSTER1]

After announcing Captain America 3, today Marvel has revealed they're making another adventure for Thor! Are these Phase 3 for another Avengers Movie!? :thumbs:
Marvel's Thor 3 Moving Forward with Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost Scripting!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114160

On the heels of yesterday's news about Captain America: The Winter Soldier helmers Anthony and Joe Russo signing on for Captain America 3 comes word on another Marvel Studios sequel. Marvel announced today that Senior Vice President of Production and Development Craig Kyle will script Thor 3 alongside the returning Christopher Yost (who, with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely scripted Thor: The Dark World from a story by Don Payne and Robert Rodat).

"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," President of Production Kevin Feige said in a prepared statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor’s adventure.”

Kyle began his career at Marvel Studios in 2001 as the sole Creative Executive for the company’s animation division. In 2003, Craig co-created the character X-23, an adolescent female clone of Marvel’s popular character Wolverine. She was introduced into the comic book mainstream a year later, becoming one of the most popular new characters from Marvel over the last decade. Craig has developed, produced and written numerous animated series and oversaw the development and production of Marvel’s original animated direct-to-DVD projects including Ultimate Avengers: I & II, Invincible Iron Man, Hulk VS, Next Avengers, Doctor Strange, Planet Hulk and Thor: Tales of Asgard. During his many years with Marvel, Craig co-wrote a series of top selling X-Men comics including "New X-Men," "X-23: Innocence Lost" and "X-Force" (also with Yost). Kyle was promoted to SVP of Production and Development of Marvel Studios’ live-action division five years ago.

Marvel Studios currently has three mystery titles on their schedule: One on July 8, 2016, one on May 6, 2016 and one set for July 8, 2017. Could one of those dates wind up getting filled by Thor 3? Check back for further updates as soon as they become available.
:movie:

thor3.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thor looks like he was ripped out of an episode of Spartacus. That hair and armour is not Thor, so I hope there's a good reason why he's sporting them. Hela looks awesome, Valkyrie looks like anything but, and Grandmaster looks like a cosplayer from a smaller comic convention. Plus everything looks 'Batman & Robin' colourful. I'm really far off from being excited about this. The addition of Hulk and the retro '80s logo threw me off at first and now these pics definitely don't anything for me.

I could be completely wrong. But from what I know about the movie. It looks like Thor is forced to fight in the arena "Gladiator and Spartacus style". I assume this is where is hair gets cut off (also not by choice). If you see, its very uneven and poorly done as if he was a slave and fought them while they were doing it. The Armor probably looks different because they are not on Asgard and this is the armor worn by the gladiators and not actually "his". if you also notice in all the shots he doesn't have his hammer.

Taika Waititi is a really good director. I've liked everything he has done. But he specializes in comedy, so I expect this to have a very different tone for a Thor film then what we are used to.

I will save my judgements until I see a trailer, don't worry yet @Noodles & @tridon
Go watch Hunt for the Wilderpeople, you'll feel better.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
I could be completely wrong. But from what I know about the movie. It looks like Thor is forced to fight in the arena "Gladiator and Spartacus style". I assume this is where is hair gets cut off (also not by choice). If you see, its very uneven and poorly done as if he was a slave and fought them while they were doing it. The Armor probably looks different because they are not on Asgard and this is the armor worn by the gladiators and not actually "his". if you also notice in all the shots he doesn't have his hammer.

Taika Waititi is a really good director. I've liked everything he has done. But he specializes in comedy, so I expect this to have a very different tone for a Thor film then what we are used to.

I will save my judgements until I see a trailer, don't worry yet @Noodles & @tridon

I watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople and I loved it, but I also found it hard to believe that that was the guy who was making the next Thor. I don't know, man... I know Planet Hulk has a big following, but I personally never liked that comic story. I actually stopped reading The Incredible Hulk during that entire arc. A comic story that I loved, though, was Thor's Ragnarok that took place during Avengers Disassembled -- so I was hoping this would follow Thor's story more than the Hulk's. I feel like you're probably right; that someone held Thor down and chopped his hair off. If that's the case, I hope his long locks return in time for Avengers: Infinity War.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw

I always reserve my full judgement until I've seen the film for myself, but those images are giving me doubts. Everything you said makes sense though... it's just a bit of a shock to see Thor looking very different to what we're used to. However, I'm sure it'll still be an entertaining watch either way. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
You gotta wonder if the negative reception to how "dark" the DC movies are that Marvel is now trying to move away from that and make things more light and colorful?

I like the plot (under spoiler below - yes inspired by Planet Hulk story arc to some degree) and I have high expectations for this. Bring it! :D

When we last saw Thor, he was flying off to figure out who was manipulating the Avengers at the end of Age of Ultron. Eventually, he hears rumblings of trouble in Asgard: His evil brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), has been impersonating their missing father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Loki’s rather lax governing leads to the reemergence of an imprisoned Hela (Cate Blanchett). Thor’s initial encounter with Hela gets him blasted to Sakaar, a barbaric planet ruled by the charming but nefarious Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum). Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), a tough, hard-drinking warrior hiding out on Sakaar brings the god to the Grandmaster. “Thor is a bit of a fanboy for the Valkyrie, the elite women warriors,” Hemsworth says. Thor is then forced into becoming a gladiator, which leads to his haircut and the loss of his trusty hammer. (His replacement weapons include a pair of swords seen on EW’s cover.)

Sakaar’s most popular and successful gladiator? Bruce Banner, a.k.a. the Hulk. Comics fans will recognize this plotline as part of the popular Planet Hulk series. “He’s much more of a character than the green rage machine you’ve seen in the Avengers movies,” Ruffalo says of this new Hulk. “He’s got a swagger. He’s like a god.”

Once Thor and Hulk unite, Ragnarok becomes a sort of road-trip film, with director Taika Waititi drawing inspiration from movies like 48 HRS., Withnail and I, and even Planes, Trains and Automobiles. The director particularly wanted to show off Hemsworth’s comedic abilities, only recently exploited in films like Vacation and Ghostbusters. “He’s so good and underutilized in that department,” Waititi says. “He’s legitimately one of the funniest things in this film.”

Fans will also see some familiar faces, like Benedict Cumberbatch’s Stephen Strange. The New York-based sorcerer met with Thor in the post-credits epilogue of Doctor Strange, and he will help the Asgardian locate Odin. Teases Feige, “There’s not a whole lot that takes place on Earth in this film, and that’s one of the things that does.”

The events of Ragnarok will also help set up Marvel’s biggest Phase 3 installment, Avengers: Infinity War, the first half of which is due in May 2018. But Waititi is adamant that his film will not only stand on its own, it will reinvent the franchise. “A lot of what we’re doing with the film is, in a way, kind of dismantling and destroying the old idea and rebuilding it in a new way that’s fresh,” he says. “Everyone’s got a slightly new take on their characters, so in that way, it feels like [this is] the first Thor.” Just with a little less hair.

Via EW

Meet Cate Blanchett's Hela

0002509873283273432343.jpg

Cate Blanchett doesn’t really feel like she needs to explain her character Hela in Thor: Ragnarok — she’s the Goddess of Death. Quips the actress, “I think that’s where you put the period in the sentence, right? She arrives with a lot of baggage. She’s a little bit cross.”

Hela is more than “a little bit cross” as she is freed from her prison early in Ragnarok and causes all sorts of chaos befitting her name. “She’s been locked away for millennia, getting more and more cross, and then, with a mistake, she get unleashed and she ain’t getting back in that box,” says Blanchett.

Hela may be a monster, but Blanchett is a delight and clearly had a blast tapping into her dark side. EW talked to the two time Oscar-winner about playing Thor’s first female villain and making weapons out of her body.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What made you want to be part of this?
CATE BLANCHETT:
Well let’s face it: as a woman, these opportunities have not in the past come up very frequently and I think there’s a revolution happening from within Marvel. I’ve seen so many of the Marvel franchises, particularly being the mother of four. They tend to be the only type of film particularly having young boys. But for me as an actor, this is separate is my desire to work with [director] Taika Waititi.

How did he sell you on this?
Well I had seen his vampire movie [What We Do in the Shadows] and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. I was trying to get my head around the collision of his sensibility as a director and what had previously existed in the Thor franchise and I thought that’s going to be interesting to say the least and I thought it could produce an interesting combustible connection because tonally his work is so different from what previously existed. Obviously they wanted to do something fresh and different, which is always exciting.

What was it like working with Taika? What does he bring to this?
He’s sort of part sumo wrestler, part showgirl, part father you always wanted to have. He’s so nimble. I keep saying the word irreverent. He takes the work seriously but he doesn’t take himself seriously. So there’s music on set the whole time. There was hilarity but he knew every single time when to focus.

You’re Thor’s first female villain. Was that part of the appeal?
Can you believe it? Can you believe we’re having this conversation and it’s 2017 and we’re talking about the first female villain? It’s ridiculous. There’s so much untapped potential villainy in women. It’s really exciting. I think finally it’s beginning to be acknowledged that women and men want to see a diverse array of characters, and that’s race, gender across the sexual spectrum.

Did you go back and read the comics and look at old versions of Hela?
Oh yes. I mean, you gotta know the history of the character. And there are so many iterations of the origin story. For any of these characters, there’s never one origin story. But yes, it was really interesting to go back. Most of the time she was masked. So that’s what I really talked to the Marvel team and Taika about was when we would chose to have her masked and when she wouldn’t be masked.

And that headdress is more than just an accessory right?
Yeah. She’s able to manifest weapons. Her headdress can be weapons. She can manifest weapons out of different parts of her body. I won’t tell you which — I’ll leave that hanging.

Hela comes in and sort of takes control of Asgard away from Loki, right?
Well, Asgard is so good. I mean one only need to have a mildly unpleasant thought and you’re considered evil. Everyone is too perfect. Why not mess it all up? It’s easy to play bad but, like when I was in Cinderella, like what makes the stepmother evil is interesting. So, it was trying to in the screen time I had to tease that stuff and to give her a journey really. So hopefully we’re given her a journey, like how you understand why Loki is as screwed up as he is. Hopefully, there’s that satisfaction in watching Hela.

Do you have fight scenes?
There’s a bit of wire work. I worked with the legend Zoe Bell (Grindhouse). I did as much as was humanly possible for a middle-aged mother of four [laughs]. I learned so much. All sorts of capoeira stuff. All the stunts and the fights were really interestingly choreographed. But I did train, ostensibly, so I wouldn’t injure myself.

Via EW

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I'm not happy about Thors haircut but I agree it was probably done on purpose when he gets to the galiator planet

The set photos and costumes do look very bright, will prob look a bit different on film. Like how guardians set pics are compared to the final film, migh brighter and more fake looking in pics but the final film looks real with these beautiful space colours which are much darker in the film (but done well) apart from when they all meet and attack each other and the final outside battle.
Asgard is done nicely in the other 2 Thors and also very vibrant

Love the look of goldblums character and blanchett looks incredibly hot :woot: wow

Still massively looking forward to this

I'm hoping for a trailer around guardians release

Not sure what to make of all these new colourful images... thought I was in the GOTG thread for a second. :wacky:

Goldblum looks like something from a cheesy 90's sci-fi... I haven't made up my mind as to whether that's a good or a bad thing yet though. :LOL:
He actually favors the collector from GOTG.

SEE! looks pretty awesome! Right guys!? Are your worries put to rest now?
Typical comment from me when it comes to most Marvel stuff nowadays, but... MEH! :yawn:

I can't deny that it wasn't a cool trailer, but I'm over all this Avengers stuff now. The only thing I got excited about was seeing a Goth Blanchett. :drool: :p