Thor: The Dark World (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [India]

crossbow

Premium Supporter
Feb 14, 2013
India
Release Date : 1st March, 2014 (released)
Price :
INR 1639 (Amazon IN) (Does not ship internationally)
INR 1999 (Flipkart) (Does not ship internationally)
INR 1999 (Rhythmhouse) (Ships internationally, Tell them firmly to pack it very well)

51p4M6xUK9L.jpg

Manufacturer : Sony DADC Manufacturing India
Runtime : 112 Minutes
Number of Disks : 1

any GB for this?
Should not be needed. Indian SBs mostly won't have any special slips of stickers most of the times.

And this will have same art as other asian countries. Well almost 99% same art. (You never know :p)
But for completionalists, I am pretty sure there will be some Indian Ninja who can help. I could gladly help, but my local post office has some bad history of ruining parcels, as I have stated before.

And There is one retailer as well, who ships internationally. But SB is not available there as of now. They will start order once they get release date confirmation imo.

Beware: Vast majority of the Indian 3D Blu-rays released by Sony DADC are single disc though this is arguably the cheapest amongst the lot.
Cheapest, :LOL: .

Even if one disk, they do contain 2D as well, right ?

Should not be needed. Indian SBs mostly won't have any special slips of stickers most of the times.

And this will have same art as other asian countries. Well almost 99% same art. (You never know :p)
But for completionalists, I am pretty sure there will be some Indian Ninja who can help. I could gladly help, but my local post office has some bad history of ruining parcels, as I have stated before.

And There is one retailer as well, who ships internationally. But SB is not available there as of now. They will start order once they get release date confirmation imo.

thanks for the heads up, man. which retailer is the one that ships internationally?

thanks for the heads up, man. which retailer is the one that ships internationally?
rhythmhouse.in :thumbs:

Would also advice to inform them specifically to pack the parcel very well, before placing the order. They are good retailer, but I have had some contradicting experience with them, especially shipping part.

And I would also advice to visit their retailer thread before placing the order.
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/33967/

If some Ninja is ready to help, it would be best bet to get SB from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mlmaier84
rhythmhouse.in :thumbs:

Would also advice to inform them specifically to pack the parcel very well, before placing the order. They are good retailer, but I have had some contradicting experience with them, especially shipping part.

And I would also advice to visit their retailer thread before placing the order.
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/33967/

If some Ninja is ready to help, it would be best bet to get SB from them.

thanks for the info. will check it out.
:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Already Released before 2-3 days. No title on spine or front. Just visited local shop to see it. Probably similar to UK release.

Moreover, Title sticker has been applied on front.

Best pic I can share right now. Store manager did not allow me to take the pics.
Z182490.jpg

Last edited:
THOR 2 THE STEELBOOK - INDIAN EDITION...NOT GOOD!

Hi,
My first post here! Its great to be a part of this forum and I hope I can contribute something meaningful from my side.

Now for the "THOR - THE DARK WORLD" Steelbook. Well, I Pre Ordered this steelbook from Snapdeal.com...the price was great but the steelbook turned out to be really disappointing!

To begin with, it had only the 3d version which means no special features and no 2d disc. I believe a steelbook is an exclusive item and when you consider that it really makes no sense to not include the special features. So, for me that was the worst part. Even if the special features were put on a DVD, it would have been fine but to not have them at all was something i was not comfortable with.
Secondly, the steel case itself. The title of the film was pasted on the front but the printing on the sticker was really poor and made the whole case look cheap rather than something exclusive. As for the colors and pictures on the steel case, they were decent but nothing great.The spine was OK but I think most of us would have preferred the name on the spine rather than the pictures, especially when there was no name on the front. The back of the case was also disappointing as it was covered by another sticker with the disc info and specifications.
Overall not good at all and I would not recommend it to anybody. One of the really bad ones that I have seen. I mean if you compare it to the "PACIFIC RIM" steelbook Indian edition (which was simply great!) this was a huge let down!
I can say more, but that's it for now.

Ok ninjas, can anyone who has experienced with rhythmhouse help me out here? I ordered this (or thought I did) a few days ago, but at no time did it ask for payment. At the end of the process it told me my order was completed, but again, I didn't and still haven't paid for this. Am I missing something? Do I need to go back and do it again a different way? Or will they be sending me an invoice via PayPal? Any assistance with this would be MUCH appreciated. THANKS in advance!

Ok ninjas, can anyone who has experienced with rhythmhouse help me out here? I ordered this (or thought I did) a few days ago, but at no time did it ask for payment. At the end of the process it told me my order was completed, but again, I didn't and still haven't paid for this. Am I missing something? Do I need to go back and do it again a different way? Or will they be sending me an invoice via PayPal? Any assistance with this would be MUCH appreciated. THANKS in advance!

If you have chosen paypal as payment method, they will send you invoice, AFAIK.

If they have not sent the invoice, that means they probably do not have SB in stock. And are acquiring it from distributor (imo).

But I doubt that, because, another member twiz6469 also ordered from them before 2-3 days. They did not have stock at that time as well. twiz6469 contacted them, and they secured one copy for him.

So I would advice, you contact them. And since you have already placed an order, they must have a copy secured for you.

1) If paypal is chosen as payment method, they will probably first send item invoice.
2) And once paid successfully, they will send shipping invoice, with multiple shipping options. You choose the amount, and send the payment. And inform them.

Let me again inform you. Steelbook has only 3D disk. And it's without title on front and spine. And Sticker "Thor the dark world" has been applied on front side of the steelbook. Which, in my opinion does not look very impressive.

IN - Thor The Dark World

My first Indian steel. Maybe the last lol. This one is certainly different. Had to complete the set. Still short of a couple of countries, but getting there.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

2izPE6w.jpg

WJcImEg.jpg

JCqYOtf.jpg

BYmLorD.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

OX6rM7R.jpg

grSwvAt.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

iG6zbys.jpg

ay66Ove.jpg