Three Amigos! (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £23.89 (Amazon) - £15.99 (Zavvi) - £24.99 (Hmv)

11274762-1244384792075479.jpg

11274762-1124384792097808.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received this, loads of embossing going on with the hats, bow-ties, belts and bullet holes very nice. Also the image on the back is embossed. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
Just received this, loads of embossing going on with the hats, bow-ties, belts and bullet holes very nice. Also the image on the back is embossed. :thumbs:

Sounds good, any pics?:thumbs: didn't pre order this myself, was waiting for pic's and hopefully a price drop if I can wait long enough

It's a smashing looking steelbook. The red is a tad more maroon than the pics in the op suggest but the quality and embossing is pretty good. Nice wee package all in for a shade over £14.

Is that... embossing without a border? Interesting.

Reminds me of their Toy Story steels a little with oddball bits here and there embossed for no reason, but the fact that they're trying it out without debossing the cover is at the very least something new.

That said, I'm not so sure about the decision ultimately, full gloss with debossed bullet holes would have been just fine.

Reminds me of their Toy Story steels a little with oddball bits here and there embossed for no reason, but the fact that they're trying it out without debossing the cover is at the very least something new.

That said, I'm not so sure about the decision ultimately, full gloss with debossed bullet holes would have been just fine.
it is - not sure how it'll hold up on a shelf. I put it in a clear slip I had lying around from somewhere. The only other thing I have with the same problem is some weird metalpak release of The Grey with an embossed title and no border.

Reactions: Hella
it is - not sure how it'll hold up on a shelf. I put it in a clear slip I had lying around from somewhere. The only other thing I have with the same problem is some weird metalpak release of The Grey with an embossed title and no border.
Yeah I've got a Dark Souls 2 metalpack that leaves a big gap next to it on the shelf because of its unruly embossing, it's obnoxious. I don't expect this to be as bad, but it's nonetheless unfortunate and unnecessary. Of all the movies; they should try this kinda crap on garbage like Fantastic Four or AvP2, not a first-ever steel for a classic.

. . . and not forgetting LAST ACTION HERO which has both embossing and debossing and no border :thumbs:

Not a steelbook . . . but if you want some extreme embossing without a border (LOL) then check out the Amaray slipcover for JENNIFER'S BODY which is just so wonderfully OTT I don't mind the fact it takes shelf space away from other Blu-rays ;)

Last edited:
Down to £12.99 but still holding out. This should come down to £9.99 just like most of their catalogue releases.