Titane (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Aug 19, 2021
Release date: January 27, 2022
Purchase links: JPC - Amazon DE
Price: €25.99
Note: Includes soundtrack CD

81CTnsQEwKL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Van Orton sounds like an ex 80s rock star who now plays pub gigs on Friday nights, puppeteers for kids on Saturday mornings, and teaches magic to OAPs on Sunday afternoons
Yeah, I guess you're associating with Eddie Van Halen.
It's just an account I quickly created to link up a mobile Terminator game in 2017, and Van Orton is Douglas' character from The Game.

How was the soundtrack?

The original score was barely there, I guess serviceable, but I wouldn't call those noises 'music', especially not something one would want to listen separately.
The soundtrack had some great songs, as I mentioned in the movie thread.
The opening scene long tracking shot used 'Doing it to Death' by one of my favorite bands The Kills, but that video was removed on YouTube since then. Here's a better fan montage, which does show more, than obscure and correctly made official trailers, so I have to warn about that. One shouldn't know anything about this movie going in, to then love it, or hate it - seems there's no in-between with it.

Another song featured later I never heard before, but it's really good on its own, and fits well in the movie.

Even the song used in the trailer, "She's not There" by The Zombies, is on the spot in its lyrics on kind of describing the character.

None of these are on the official CD 'soundtrack'.

Reactions: spass and komor
The original score was barely there, I guess serviceable, but I wouldn't call those noises 'music', especially not something one would want to listen separately.
The soundtrack had some great songs, as I mentioned in the movie thread.
The opening scene long tracking shot used 'Doing it to Death' by one of my favorite bands The Kills, but that video was removed on YouTube since then. Here's a better fan montage, which does show more, than obscure and correctly made official trailers, so I have to warn about that. One shouldn't know anything about this movie going in, to then love it, or hate it - seems there's no in-between with it.

Another song featured later I never heard before, but it's really good on its own, and fits well in the movie.

Even the song used in the trailer, "She's not There" by The Zombies, is on the spot in its lyrics on kind of describing the character.

None of these are on the official CD 'soundtrack'.
Thanks for your infos. So it´s more a motion picture score than a soundtrack. Probably the price would be much higher if all these songs were content on the 2nd disc. Little disappointing, because I like The Kills very much and even got some of their albums on Vinyl. Blood Pressures is a good one. Their song No Wow and others were used for the German movie Knallhart from 2006, which was a youth drama with this boy who moves to Berlin Neukölln, where he becomes a drug courier and leaads himself in a downward spiral of crime and violence. I´ve watched the movie when it was released and liked it and this time, where nice movies were made here. Muxmäuschenstill from 2004 was also a good one and some kind of pseudo-documentary about a psychopathic guy who wants to bring justice and order to people and his environment and therefore uses more and more drastic methods, Very strange one and definitely worth a watch, but probably it´s hard to find some English subs for these ones.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Got my steelbook today. No English subtitles, as was stated by Koch Media, but I bought it just for the steel.
There is a 13 min. interview with Julia Ducournau, as well as a 23 min. Q&A panel with her, and two leading actors, both in English, plus an original trailer.
They used a 1-disc steelbook, so the CD soundtrack was just hastily pinned on a glued on holder thingy, that wasn't even placed correctly, so the disc has to go under the booklet flap.

TitaneBDDEV1.jpg
TitaneBDDEV2.jpg
TitaneBDDEV3.jpg
TitaneBDDEV4.jpg

Got my steelbook today. No English subtitles, as was stated by Koch Media, but I bought it just for the steel.
There is a 13 min. interview with Julia Ducournau, as well as a 23 min. Q&A panel with her, and two leading actors, both in English, plus an original trailer.
They used a 1-disc steelbook, so the CD soundtrack was just hastily pinned on a glued on holder thingy, that wasn't even placed correctly, so the disc has to go under the booklet flap.

View attachment 526259
View attachment 526260
View attachment 526261
View attachment 526262
great pics, hope Second Sight do a limited edition of this.

View attachment 526259
View attachment 526260
View attachment 526261
View attachment 526262
I knew it, since I first saw the mock-up, that this is cheap produced "there must be a steelbook for this"-kind of edition and think it looks very flamey, but not really stunning. The out and inside are ok but that thing with the disc holder is a no-go. I watched some unboxings of these recently released Koch-steelbooks and the only one I like is the Wedlock-steelbook, where the steel-effect was used in a nice way and the cover looks very good. The others (Space Hunter, Supernova) are just painted metal.

I like the steel, if it ends up getting price drop good one to throw the contents out and swap with the US release disc here.
Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. I'd maybe rip off that holder pin, but it seems stuck pretty well, while I read some reviews on Amazon that said their arrived with the soundtrack CD unglued and rattling around inside.

Waiting for those Wedlock and Supernova steels to arrive from a shipping forwarder as well.