Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Synapse Films) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 18, 2022
Purchase links: Synapse Films - DiabolikDVD
Price: $49.95 (Synapse) - $47.99 (DiabolikDVD)
Notes: Limited to 4000 - International orders Exclusive to DiabolikDVD
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Tombs-slider-image.jpg

From Synapse -

The steelbook release of Tombs of the Blind Dead will be limited to 4000 copies. The package features art by Wes Benscoter and a slipcover bearing the original theatrical poster.

1649464232401.jpeg

1649464263693.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Knights Templar ride again in high definition, and their first stop is a popular horror convention.

At the Cinema Wasteland con this weekend in Strongsville, OH, Synapse Films will be selling a limited number of prerelease copies of its Steelbook Blu-ray release of Amando de Ossorio’s 1971 classic TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD. The saga of the long-dead, sightless Knights rising from the grave to terrorize a group of vacationers has been restored from the original uncut camera negative for this three-disc set. This limited-edition (4,000 units) package features Steelbook art by Wes Benscoter and a slipcover bearing the original theatrical poster, plus a booklet with liner notes by film historian/home video columnist Patrick McCabe. The full contents are:

Disc 1

• Original Spanish-language and English/Spanish hybrid soundtrack versions
  • Lossless Spanish PCM 2.0 mono soundtrack
  • Lossless “hybrid” English/Spanish PCM 2.0 mono soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the Spanish track and the Spanish sections of the hybrid soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the hybrid soundtrack
  • Audio commentary by horror film historian and author Troy Howarth
  • Audio commentary by star Lone Fleming
  • Audio commentary by Rod Barnett and Troy Guinn of the NaschyCast podcast
  • MARAUDERS FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN, a feature-length documentary exploring the history of the Spanish zombie film, featuring interviews with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD writer/producer John Russo, Sitges Film Festival deputy director Mike Hostench, film critic John Martin, academic Calum Waddell, THE LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE director Jorge Grau, TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD star Lone Fleming, actors Helga Liné, Manuel de Blas, Antonio Mayans and Jack Taylor, Paul Naschy’s son Sergio Molina, author/film critic Kim Newman and academic/writer Steve Jones
  • REVENGE OF PLANET APE: alternate U.S. opening sequence
  • Awakening of Spanish Horror Cinema featurette
  • Salem’s Pop “Templar’s Tears” music video
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Still gallery
Disc 2

• Re-edited U.S. theatrical cut of the film
  • Lossless English PCM 2.0 mono soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles
Disc 3: Exclusive TRIBUTE TO THE TEMPLARS CD
Audio CD created exclusively for this limited edition, containing music inspired by TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD. Featuring tunes from Zoltan, Cathedral, Hooded Menace, Machetazo and The Transylvania Hellhounds

Looks great, but I must watch the film first. These old Spanish/Italian gore zombie flicks tend to be kinda boring, despite the great gore effects and atmosphere.

Love the look of these templar knights :cigar:

hi all, I'm working on sourcing these for you and it would really help to know how many people are interested in having me purchase on their behalf and forwarding along with other items that you've requested from group buys.

if you'd be so kind as to "like" this post, so I can get a rough idea of how many people would like one. As always, I'm sourcing these at cost but won't know more until we have an idea of how many copies we need.

@mactaylor @Lutzo @hayden1215 @Fmac72 @Bengaloo @Space Cadet

hi all, I'm working on sourcing these for you and it would really help to know how many people are interested in having me purchase on their behalf and forwarding along with other items that you've requested from group buys.

if you'd be so kind as to "like" this post, so I can get a rough idea of how many people would like one. As always, I'm sourcing these at cost but won't know more until we have an idea of how many copies we need.

Count me in too Andy please :)

Reactions: apsmith21

So cool I want buy it thanks :)

Reactions: apsmith21
Which Synapse steelbook has ever been released by Arrow before?

What do you mean ? Arrow and Synapse have released same titles as steelbooks before. And it's not the point that this is Synapse steel. UK IMO has no distributor atm, so Arrow might get them. There's rumour ...

Reactions: Lutzo