Top 10 DVDs STILL not out on Blu-ray

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay

Chime in below and let us know which DVDs in your collection desperately need a Blu-ray upgrade! :thumbs:

*Killer editing work by the great @Snollygoster.

Attachments

• blu-ray-vs-dvd.jpg
    blu-ray-vs-dvd.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 503
o.k......SLIGHTLY MORE THAN TEN.....:LOL:
But, I'm annoyed that these are not out yet!

ALIVE
YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES
MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON
SLEUTH (1972)
AFTER HOURS
ALL OF ME
BIRDY
BUGSY
DRAGONSLAYER
EXPLORERS
LOCAL HERO
LET IT RIDE
MULTIPLICITY
NEVER CRY WOLF
NIGHT SHIFT
OSCAR
RACING WITH THE MOON
REVERSAL OF FORTUNE
SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER
SIX DAYS SEVEN NIGHTS
THE GOLDEN CHILD
THE KEEP
THE NAVIGATOR
THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST
THE SAINT
THE SURVIVORS
TOP SECRET!
TRAPPED IN PARADISE
TRUE BELIEVER
TALL TALE
PRIVATE BENJAMIN
JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY
I.Q.
CRIMINAL LAW
D.A.R.Y.L.
AVALON
CRAZY PEOPLE
CATCH-22
FANDANGO
AMERICAN FLYERS
QUICK CHANGE
THE SECRET OF ROAN INISH
PRIMER
NOBODY'S FOOL
KAFKA
DEAD AGAIN
29th STREET
MURDER BY DEATH
STAKEOUT
HEAR MY SONG
EUROPA (Zentropa)
MYSTERY, ALASKA
View attachment 367845 View attachment 367844 View attachment 367843 View attachment 367842
View attachment 367841 View attachment 367840 View attachment 367839
good call on the original Sleuth :thumbs:, it's sitting on my shelf in DVD form and i didn't think to mention it (provided we please don't mention the pointless remake :meh:).

and seconded on Catch-22 and especially Top Secret! :) - can't believe that's been missed in the recent wave of 80s steel releases. perfect opportunity to have it on bluray for the first time.
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95
I can't agree enough with True Lies and The Abyss... it's criminal that they haven't had Blu-ray releases yet! The Village is also another big want of mine... I really want a steelbook, but at this point I'd be more than happy with just a standard BD release.

good call on the original Sleuth :thumbs:, it's sitting on my shelf in DVD form and i didn't think to mention it (provided we please don't mention the pointless remake :meh:).

and seconded on Catch-22 and especially Top Secret! :) - can't believe that's been missed in the recent wave of 80s steel releases. perfect opportunity to have it on bluray for the first time.
giphy.gif
SLEUTH has been in my top 3 most of my life! It is a masterclass of a movie.
I am a HUGE Kenneth Branagh fan - so it was so tragic that with all that talent involved on the remake that they turned out such a turd. (He is allowed to misstep like everyone else! After all, he came roaring back with Hamlet after the terrible Frankenstein).
And, pound for pound, I consider Top Secret! The ZAZ team's BEST movie!
9950EFF6-BF54-4E0C-B189-59423EE29F96.gif

I am a HUGE Kenneth Branagh fan - so it was so tragic that with all that talent involved on the remake that they turned out such a turd. (He is allowed to misstep like everyone else! After all, he came roaring back with Hamlet after the terrible Frankenstein).

I'll be honest... I've never seen Sleuth or Top Secret, but I'm definitely interested in both now after this. That gif is hilarious!! :LOL:

Reactions: C.C. 95
I think what lets Mission to Mars down is the cast. Very poor cast that never gel. Not one standout performance from anyone. I think had a big name been cast with a few good character actors like a modern version of Michael Ripper or Sam Kyd, it would have been a great film.

Last edited:
It is absolutely the equal of their previous movie AIRPLANE!.
Prepare to laugh your ass off!

Only see the original SLEUTH - never the remake.

@bloodsnake007 LOL. If anyone has questions about his Canadian legitimacy, watch at the end how @tridon says "You have a fantastic...DAY" :rofl: Like you are forcing me to have a nice day. I'm not ALLOWED to have a bad day :hilarious:
Canadian is in his blood :thumbs::LOL:

Btw, nice video. May be you'll do more of these? You dont have to own the DVDs but still can discuss it in the video.

@bloodsnake007 LOL. If anyone has questions about his Canadian legitimacy, watch at the end how @tridon says "You have a fantastic...DAY" :rofl: Like you are forcing me to have a nice day. I'm not ALLOWED to have a bad day :hilarious:
Canadian is in his blood :thumbs::LOL:

Btw, nice video. May be you'll do more of these? You dont have to own the DVDs but still can discuss it in the video.

Thanks, bud! Glad you enjoyed it! I'm down with making more discussion videos in the future. Throw me some topics! BTW, the new GeekCap episode is up. :)

Have a fantastic DAY! :D

Chime in below and let us know which DVDs in your collection desperately need a Blu-ray upgrade! :thumbs:

*Killer editing work by the great @Snollygoster.

@tridon
My man, you can have a region free GILBERT GRAPE Blu ray!
A574A85E-2141-4E00-AA90-F501621E5872.jpeg
This one from Amazon.jp is region free $36 USD/ $45 CAD
4D9E6678-7721-4C6D-96E4-5807FCEA0DAD.png
This region free German version is available from both Amazon US and Amazon.de
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065V6B3S/?tag=hidefnin-20

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0065V6B3S/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

I know Australia also has a region free blu ray edition.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon
My man, you can have a region free GILBERT GRAPE Blu ray!
View attachment 368982 This one from Amazon.jp is region free $36 USD/ $45 CAD
View attachment 368983 This region free German version is available from both Amazon US and Amazon.de
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065V6B3S/?tag=hidefnin-20

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0065V6B3S/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

I know Australia also has a region free blu ray edition.

Thanks, bud! I'll probably end up going after those one day if North America doesn't get their sh*t together. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Sticking with Val Kilmer classics... did Real Genius ever get a blu ray release? Definitely not in the UK at least (not even on DVD here that I've been able to find) and I really watch it again. Love that film!
ah, Real Genius. thanks for that, man, brought back some good memories. :thumbs: "It's all arranged alphabetically; for example, this chainsaw is under T for Toy." it's never on tv, either.

and it asked all the important questions.
giphy.gif