Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: WWA Steelbook - New 4K Scan - New Extras

D3E9A24C-82C6-4A4F-AA24-2D63BABC7FA2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
With "Pet Sematary" and "A Quiet Place" from Paramount being released as Mondo X steelbooks around their sequels hitting theatres I wonder if "Top Gun" could be a Mondo X release. It's also from Paramount and has a sequel coming and Cine-Museum used the "Pet Sematary" steelbook for one of their releases.

I realize it probably won't happen even though the "Pet Sematary" and "A Quiet Place" Mondo steelbooks include 4K and are World Wide releases, as is the "Top Gun" release.
I hope not.
Hate Mondo

I'm glad that they used that classic poster image but I would have preferred it on the front of the steelbook.
I still have to see what Paramount comes up with for that.

really? I think it's looks really awesome. it's something new ..and fresh.
It certainly is that. And a memorable moment of the film so in that regard Carlo has done well in picking it for the rear of the slip.
The artist is obviously talented and knows how to draw better than I ever could. I understand artists can take artistic liberties, however, I don't know what he was drawing here or why he would take these liberties vs just drawing the actual thing as he imagined it took place.

As an aircraft enthusiast I find I will have to pass on this, as much as I like the film. Here's just a few things that's wrong with it, I could probably say more but this is plenty. Basically it's all wrong... :dunno::facepalm:
Aircrafts are generally symmetrical along their longitudinal ceterline. The tomcat is no exception. Show in black arrows are two clearly assymetrical areas of the fuselage. Furthermore, the fixed part of the wings on the tomcat do not start as far forward as the artist would have us think (more or less ahead of the pilot?) on the right, not even a little further back (!!) on the left side... they start approximately where the WSO/Goose is sitting.
I have no clue what the artist is trying to portray at the top right (blue arrow). Very odd.
The whole area in red (bottom left) is another mystery.
The pink arrow shows the rear canopy of the MiG 2(8) over/almost over the pilot. This is incorrect, the rear canopy ends well behind the pilot and even the perspective view of the drawing can't account for that IMO.
Top gun.jpg

Hopefully those of you interested in this edition can forget about my little analysis and enjoy owning it resting on your shelves in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: tha_lunatic
It certainly is that. And a memorable moment of the film so in that regard Carlo has done well in picking it for the rear of the slip.
The artist is obviously talented and knows how to draw better than I ever could. I understand artists can take artistic liberties, however, I don't know what he was drawing here or why he would take these liberties vs just drawing the actual thing as he imagined it took place.

As an aircraft enthusiast I find I will have to pass on this, as much as I like the film. Here's just a few things that's wrong with it, I could probably say more but this is plenty. Basically it's all wrong... :dunno::facepalm:
Aircrafts are generally symmetrical along their longitudinal ceterline. The tomcat is no exception. Show in black arrows are two clearly assymetrical areas of the fuselage. Furthermore, the fixed part of the wings on the tomcat do not start as far forward as the artist would have us think (more or less ahead of the pilot?) on the right, not even a little further back (!!) on the left side... they start approximately where the WSO/Goose is sitting.
I have no clue what the artist is trying to portray at the top right (blue arrow). Very odd.
The pink arrow shows the rear canopy of the MiG 2(8) over/almost over the pilot. This is incorrect, the rear canopy ends well behind the pilot and even the perspective view of the drawing can't account for that IMO.
View attachment 465545

Hopefully those of you interested in this edition can forget about my little analysis and enjoy owning it resting on your shelves in the future.
"Little" analysis? ;)

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said that much, or nothing at all LOL I think the front of the slip is great though and I could even picture myself buying and just displaying the front of it :Snap: :LOL: but I think I'm out. I'll see what other premiums we get.

View attachment 465545

thanks for your little analysis
it seems the artist didnt know all the things ...me either.
still it's a stunning artwork and I cant wait to add this to my collection.

Reactions: DMD4k
Probably will be released in two years time and a limited run of XXL 250:)

Is FilmArena not very good at keeping to a schedule? Only purchased 'Joker' IMAX poster edition from them so I dont really know what they are like as a seller. Arrived in the UK pretty quickly and the postage wasnt bad

Guys just saying cm are announcing alot of titles but to be fair it's going to be a long long while before they will get to distribute them Italy is in chaos at the moment along with the rest of the world I just don't get them announcing all those titles ? Same goes for film arena I love seeing the announcements as much as everyone but we have to be realistic about the situation everyone is in at the moment. :(

Guys just saying cm are announcing alot of titles but to be fair it's going to be a long long while before they will get to distribute them Italy is in chaos at the moment along with the rest of the world I just don't get them announcing all those titles ? Same goes for film arena I love seeing the announcements as much as everyone but we have to be realistic about the situation everyone is in at the moment. :(
I think they have time to work on the artwork while some other operations had to slow down.