Top Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Embossed (Play.com Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Purchase link: Top Gun
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, spot gloss, inside artwork, clean artwork on back cover, 1 disc edition

33273582_500x500_1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
TopGun-1.jpg

TopGun-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at some peoples posts it seems they tend to just go into movies they don't like and say "poor choice" and things like that. Please stay out threads if they don't interest you because it will bring the tone of the forum down.

Top Gun is a marquee 80s movie. There aren't many more that define that decade like Top Gun does for mainstream releases.

Bought this some time ago for the missus. It's easier to think of the film as one of the easier to watch chick flicks. Steelbook wise however it is a really nice one.

Agreed. I bought this on release but sold it shortly after once I realised how bad it really was. Alot of these so called classics are garbage and don't want this seen in my collection. I'm sure I'll get stick again for this negative comment from them that collect sealed OOP steelbooks. :D

I watched this the other day. The film isn't great but the Steelbook is really nice. No surprise considering it is Paramount, you can always rely on them to release a quality Steelbook, at least as far as the UK is concerned anyway.

Nice looking steel but for some subconscious reason I seem to have a strong desire to never watch this movie - I have no idea why: everyone tells me it's a classic, I don't mind Cruise, fast planes are pretty cool I suppose, 80's flick, some geezer is called Maverick - but still...no :dunno:

What treason is this?!?!

Top Gun is an absolute classic. The first film I saw on VHS on my uncles fancy new VHS player and massive new TV (probably 22 inch).

Everything about this film is now a cliche because it made it so.

And as for the vague allusions to homoeroticisim ...

Wolfman: [watching a video of planes being shot down] This gives me a hard on.

Hollywood: Don't tease me.

EEK!EEK!EEK!

Where? I haven't seen this for a fairly decent price anywhere I've looked.
Agreed. It sure wasn't cheap in my eyes. Although compared to what others sold for on ebay, I got it cheap. Still, hoping the missus doesn't get too curious and ask what I paid for it. :ohno:

Fond memories of this movie. I remember getting a nice big sloppy kiss from Terri Nunn of Berlin when they came over to the UK to promote Take My Breath Away on Going live at the BBC.
Take my breath away, She did...literally

Ah, Going Live! I once tried to phone in for one of the competitions and found myself talking to Pickfords Travel. I clearly had sausage fingers even back then...

Reactions: Blu-devil
This one seems to be getting rarer can only find one on ebay. Delighted I picked this up at the time, long gone are the glory days of the Play steels at reasonable prices.

Reactions: harry
A fair price for a great Steelbook. I personally think it is very underrated, compared to the quality of Steelbooks we get at the moment, this is top notch :)

Reactions: ben6212
oh yes forgot to put that in! £11.99 couldn't say no.
the question is what is the next deal?????

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Natural born killers, The Forbidden Planet, sorry I was being lazy :)