Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: October 31, 2022
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £39.99

1660736257656.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, looks like a full sized lenti to slap on the front, which isn't surprising as I can't remember the last paramount steelbook that had an embossed border, to place a smaller lenti in.

I know I've asked this question before but I'll ask again.

How much should a lenticular magnet cost? In this case it's £5. Do you think it should be thrown in for free?

Or is it the steelbook?

Would you pay £35 for just this steelbook without the magnet?

If not, then are you paying £35 for the other steelbook?

What exactly is your objection to the price of this steelbook with this magnet?

Or do people just have no interest in it at all but still just want to voice outrage anyway?

How much should a lenticular magnet cost? In this case it's £5. Do you think it should be thrown in for free?

Or is it the steelbook?

Or do people just have no interest in it at all but still just want to voice outrage anyway?
We just love to moan lol but no, I'm perfectly happy to pay a fiver for a full sized lenti magnet, assuming it's decent quality. My urk was the Italian one costs €35 and this is £40...

The standard steel shouldn't be 35, that's for sure. Paramount and lionsgate are doing it with new releases now and it's a pisstake. Disney are still at £33, but watch that go up soon.

Sony have gone up to £33 now too.. all it'll take is for WB/Uni follow suit shortly and that'll be the new "norm" :squint:

Or is it the steelbook?

I wouldn't pay £35 for just the steelbook.

I know everything's creeping up in price but things like petrol and fuel bills aren't creeping - they're galloping.... And unfortunately take priority over some steels right now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
£40 too much. And prefer the other version

Or is it the steelbook?

Yeah but even if I buy the other version I won’t be paying £34.99

Codes are key on release day. Prices are getting silly now. So £40 for just a lenti magnet extra is ridiculous

I really don't like that art. and you can tell that is not going to work as a lenticular either. offensive price

Don't really understand the lenti magnet option. For the USA why you would want to hide the far superior brown artwork it boggles the mind. For the rest it is the same artwork with the blue artwork.

Reactions: Dan
Dear All, anyone here know if this Top Gun: Maverick (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK], includes the following? Thank you very much.

[4K UHD]

- Audio: Dolby Atmos: English, Dolby Digital Surround 5.1: Czech, French-Canadian, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Spanish

- Subtitles: Korean, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Czech, Danish, Finnish, French-Canadian, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai

[Blu-ray]

- Audio: Dolby Atmos: English, Dolby Digital Surround 5.1: Czech, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish (Voiceover)

- Subtitles: Korean, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Czech, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Thai

Rating : 12

Run Time : 130 mins

* Special Feature *

- Special Feature Audio: English

- Special Feature Subtitle: Korean, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Czech, Thai, etc. (some second foreign language subtitles by format)

[4K UHD]

-Cleared for Take Off(09:15)
-Breaking New Ground - Filming Top Gun: Maverick(07:57)
-A Love Letter to Aviation(04:48)
-Forging The Darkstar(07:31)
-Masterclass with Tom Cruise - Cannes Film Festival(49:05) - UHD
-"Hold My Hand" Lady Gaga Music Video(03:53)
-"I Ain't Worried" OneRepublic Music Video(02:37)

[Blu-ray]

-Cleared for Take Off(09:15)
-Breaking New Ground - Filming Top Gun: Maverick(07:57)
-A Love Letter to Aviation(04:48)
-Forging The Darkstar(07:31)
-"Hold My Hand" Lady Gaga Music Video(03:53)
-"I Ain't Worried" OneRepublic Music Video(02:37)