Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

71Ers7rDGvL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few people will probably ask so I went ahead and posted a group buy.

Is there no longer a way to "watch" the GB section? I got no notification for the last GBs...

I know a few people will probably ask so I went ahead and posted a group buy.

Release date has been announced as November 1st.

Arrives on digital August 23.

Here's the article and extras:

'Top Gun: Maverick' Flies Onto Digital This Month, Sets Winter Date for 4K/Blu-ray Release

Top Gun: Maverick is still in theaters, but you can own the film on digital beginning on August 23, with the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD release arriving on November 1. Check out some of the bonus content below:
  • Cleared For Take Off—Witness the most intense film training program as the cast prepare themselves for filming while pulling multiple G's in a fighter plane.
  • Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick—Prepare to take flight as you go behind-the-scenes with the cast and crew of Top Gun: Maverick on a journey to capture the most spectacular aerial sequences ever!
  • A Love Letter To Aviation—Tom Cruise shares his passion for aviation as he pilots his own aircraft, a vintage World War II P-51 Mustang, which would have been the Top Gun aircraft of its day.
  • Forging The Darkstar—Pushing the limits beyond Mach-10, the future of aviation is unveiled through an impressive experimental aircraft specially designed for the movie.
  • Masterclass with Tom Cruise – Cannes Film Festival—Tom Cruise discusses his incredible career at the flagship event of the 75th Cannes Film Festival.
  • “Hold My Hand” – Lady Gaga Music Video—Watch Lady Gaga's music video for her standout lead single hit on the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack.
  • “I Ain’t Worried” – OneRepublic Music Video—Check out the music video to the original new song from OneRepublic.
  • Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Teaser Trailer - We all share the same fate. Watch the official teaser trailer for Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One starring Tom Cruise. Coming to theatres 2023.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK 4K Ultra HD

• The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ boasts a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead, and Dolby Vision™ high dynamic range (HDR), which delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.** The film will also be available in a 4K Ultra HD SteelBook.™ The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as “Cleared For Take Off,” “Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick,” “A Love Letter To Aviation,” “Forging The Darkstar,” “Masterclass with Tom Cruise – Cannes Film Festival,” and the two music videos.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK Blu-ray

• The TOP GUN: MAVERICK Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with Dolby Atmos. The Blu-ray includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as “Cleared For Take Off,” “Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick,” “A Love Letter To Aviation,” “Forging The Darkstar,” and the two music videos.

I might get the digital and cancel my preorder. That’s a long delay between releases. There’s still no Paramount+ news. :angry:

Went to watch this in the last IMAX showing last night and still just as good as the first two times!

Please Paramount give us the IMAX aspect ratio in this release. Please?
it's been confirmed by many sources that on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Digital HD will feature shifting aspect ratio from 2.39 to 1.90 for the IMAX sequences...

*1.90:1 isn't 1.78:1 (16:9 TV screen) so we'll have small black bars on top and bottom of the screen
TopGun_Maverick_IMAX.png

That wasn't my whole collection, just my last month's orders.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You're very hostile, do you need a hug?
Come Here Dr Evil GIF

Last edited:
Still amazes me that this is selling at the same price on BB and Amzn as the Walmart exclusive with the lenti magnet. I would think this would be $5 cheaper on release week. Maybe setting things up for Black Friday sales with deep discount...

Still amazes me that this is selling at the same price on BB and Amzn as the Walmart exclusive with the lenti magnet. I would think this would be $5 cheaper on release week. Maybe setting things up for Black Friday sales with deep discount...
I had the Walmart version. I returned it and bought the Best Buy. I’d rather not have that ugly lenti-magnet. I once had a childrens book with a lenti on teh cover and it looked infinitely better than this flat, boring, ill-fitted lenticular magnet.

All my copies from Best Buy were damaged in one way or another. I’m ending up returning and sourcing from Walmart instead because it seemed like the damage was factory or distributor related, I suspect.

Group buys are a ton of work nowadays lol