digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
4.71 star(s) Rating: 4.71/5 7 Votes
Title: Top Gun: Maverick

Genre: War, Action

Director: Joseph Kosinski

Cast: Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Glen Powell, Thomasin McKenzie, Manny Jacinto, Charles Parnell, Jay Ellis, Bashir Salahuddin, Danny Ramirez, Monica Barbaro, Lyliana Wray, Jean Louisa Kelly, Raymond Lee, Jake Picking, Greg Tarzan Davis, Kara Wang

Release: 2020-06-26

Plot: Set in the world of drone technology and fifth generation fighters, this sequel will explore the end of the era of dogfighting.

Just got back from seeing it and WOW...
I'm going big with my review here, but Top Gun Maverick is one of the best sequels ever made. Yup. Its up there with the likes of T2, Empire, Dark Knight, Aliens, HTTYD2 and Paddington 2 ;).

I almost feel bad for other movies coming out this year because they're just not going to beat this for me.

It goes without saying but if you can see this in imax. SEE IT IN IMAX. Its worth it.

Can't wait to go watch it again.

Amazing, amazing film. I thought that they don't make 'em like this anymore but there you go. It's still possible to make a simple and yet awesome film that stands side by side with a timeless classic.

Btw, I have so much respect for their decision to reverse Mavericks jacket to normal after it was shown in the trailers to pander to china by removing the taiwanese and japanese flag. The final film version showed the old jacket with the taiwanese flag etc. which is awesome, no political bs and no pandering to dictatorship governments, just a great movie, that's all.

Reactions: ash333
I saw this on Wednesday in IMAX at the local newly upgraded Cineworld. What a great movie for my first IMAX experience :wow: and I will definitely be going to see it again. To anyone who has yet to see it, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

Reactions: kaw
I saw this on Wednesday in IMAX at the local newly upgraded Cineworld. What a great movie for my first IMAX experience :wow: and I will definitely be going to see it again. To anyone who has yet to see it, I'm sure the you'll enjoy it.

FIRST IMAX EXPERIENCE!!? :OMG: Nice!!!
It's hard to go back to a normal cinema after that I bet!

"You never forget your first" - Thor.

Couldn't resist and caught another IMAX showing of TG:M before they switch over to Jurassic World Dominion. Don't miss this - it's a must watch on IMAX.
I had the same thought and I'll be going to see it again later today.

This guy's videos are always great!

"A movie that didn't seek to shove a political ideology down your throat, and actually sought, above all else, to entertain the audience..."

• Haha