paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 23, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £49.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £50.00 (Amazon) - £54.99 (Zoom)
Note: Includes the 4K and 2 Blu-ray discs + 2 CD soundtrack (Only available in the Collector's Edition) + a 48-page booklet + 6 artcards + 1 double-sided poster

91XwAI8fQXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A brand new 4K 30th anniversary restoration, approved by Paul Verhoeven

Includes

* The UHD and 2 Blu-ray discs
* Total Recall x2 CD Soundtrack (Only available in the Collector's Edition)
* 48 Page Booklet
* 6 Artcards
* Double-sided poster

Extras:
Total Excess: How Caralco Changed Hollywood
Open Your Mind: Scoring Total Recall
Audio Commentary by Paul Verhoeven & Arnold Schwarzenegger
Models and Skeletons: The Special Effects of Total Recall
The Making of Total Recall
Imagining Total Recall

Last edited:
Only ordered last week from Amazon when it came back in to stock. Arrived perfect safe and sound, Happy camper.:happy:

I was surprised on Saint Nicholas Day with the 4K UHD 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition from England, which I just unboxed for you guys. It´s amazing that this one includes the soundtrack on two CDs.
rock.gif

I added a lot of pictures at the end of the video.

Ordered from zavi when it came in back stock (thanks to a ninja notification) and received it safe and sound Monday past.

Reactions: shane54
I've been trying to get 2 replacements since last week, tracking shows it was delivered to Zavvi last week but they're still saying not received. There online chat feature hasn't been live for over a week now, no way to call them and you cannot raise a complaint. I've been sending emails every day and they respond every 2 days, its a total shambles. How on earth are companies like this still allowed to operate. I've cancelled my orders from Zavvi now as it's just shocking service as no doubt they're will be no replacements left now, hopefully they go out of business next year they deserve too. Sorry rant over.

Anyone know how to raise an official compliant with Zavvi.
They have my items returned, I have royal mail proof of the signed return to their warehouse last week but they're stating nothing has been returned.

Do I have any legal grounds?
I paid for the items on my bank card so not sure if I can pursue that avenue?

Anyone know how to raise an official compliant with Zavvi.
They have my items returned, I have royal mail proof of the signed return to their warehouse last week but they're stating nothing has been returned.

Do I have any legal grounds?
I paid for the items on my bank card so not sure if I can pursue that avenue?
First, you should go to your order in the completed orders section, select the contact us button, select the item you returned, select 'Returns and Refunds' from the drop down menu, but you probably know all that, but next is important. You need to take a photo or scan of your postage receipt, which shows the delivery postcode and tracking number, make sure you upload a copy of that, and in your message, make sure you add the tracking number details in your complaint.

Now if that doesn't work, get in contact with your bank, regardless of the £ cost, you are legally entiltled to dispute the transaction, whether it's a credit card or debit card. I've done this before for amounts much less than £100 and been succesful for returns that haven't been refunded.

Good luck !

Reactions: oldpainless
Due to covid-19 restrictions at warehouses and added Christmas period it can take 2 weeks or longer for some retailers to acknowledge a return has been received

Example below not Zavvi but give you a idea how long it can take sometimes before a return has been processed at a warehouse.
I had 2 Amazon UK returns done in past few months and it was not until 2-3 weeks later that Amazon sent me a email they received my return even though postal carrier tracking listed amazon received the parcel a few weeks before.

A return can be received at a retailer warehouse after few days you shipped and tracking says delivered but can still be at a warehouse waiting to be processed.

As long as you have proof of postage you are covered but it can vary as to when a retailer acknowledge they received the return.

If you need to contact a retailer provid a copy of proof of postage and tracking number

Reactions: oldpainless
First, you should go to your order in the completed orders section, select the contact us button, select the item you returned, select 'Returns and Refunds' from the drop down menu, but you probably know all that, but next is important. You need to take a photo or scan of your postage receipt, which shows the delivery postcode and tracking number, make sure you upload a copy of that, and in your message, make sure you add the tracking number details in your complaint.

Now if that doesn't work, get in contact with your bank, regardless of the £ cost, you are legally entiltled to dispute the transaction, whether it's a credit card or debit card. I've done this before for amounts much less than £100 and been succesful for returns that haven't been refunded.

Good luck !

Yes thanks for the advice, I did upload an image of the proof of postage and screen shot of the royal mail confirmed delivery with a signature too from their warehouse together with the RM tracking link.

Due to covid-19 restrictions at warehouses and added Christmas period it can take 2 weeks or longer for some retailers to acknowledge a return has been received

Example below not Zavvi but give you a idea how long it can take sometimes before a return has been processed at a warehouse.
I had 2 Amazon UK returns done in past few months and it was not until 2-3 weeks later that Amazon sent me a email they received my return even though postal carrier tracking listed amazon received the parcel a few weeks before.

A return can be received at a retailer warehouse after few days you shipped and tracking says delivered but can still be at a warehouse waiting to be processed.

As long as you have proof of postage you are covered but it can vary as to when a retailer acknowledge they received the return.

If you need to contact a retailer provid a copy of proof of postage and tracking number

I finally managed to contact them via their online chat earlier, seems to be have been out of action for over week.
They still won't do anything as they say only the warehouse can initiate a refund which I know is cobblers because I've had CS initiate a refund before while live on chat.
They have assured me I will receive a refund but looks like its going to be on 3 weeks until they approve it then another 3 to 5 days for the refund to process.

I miss not being able to go into a store and do returns or better still be able to check if the item is without dents and spine slashes before I buy it.

Anyway thanks both.

Reactions: paulboland
Finally their warehouse acknowledged receipt so have received the refund but guess what, only a partial refund.
Two items in one box but they only refunded me for one of them. Even refund email says for just 1x £49.99. Proof of postage shows weigh so can see it wasn't just one item. They really know how to inflict maximum pain for the customer. I spoke to HSBC and you cannot start a charge back for partial refunds, Zavvi are clever! Also asked about fraud and theft etc. but they said it doesn't fall under that, so I could be out of pocket for £49.99.
You can't even raise an official complaint on their website.

I've since cancelled all of my orders now, and if anything comes up next year that I want I will just pay extra and get it from eBay.

Finally their warehouse acknowledged receipt so have received the refund but guess what, only a partial refund.
Two items in one box but they only refunded me for one of them. Even refund email says for just 1x £49.99. Proof of postage shows weigh so can see it wasn't just one item. They really know how to inflict maximum pain for the customer. I spoke to HSBC and you cannot start a charge back for partial refunds, Zavvi are clever! Also asked about fraud and theft etc. but they said it doesn't fall under that, so I could be out of pocket for £49.99.
You can't even raise an official complaint on their website.

I've since cancelled all of my orders now, and if anything comes up next year that I want I will just pay extra and get it from eBay.
Was it 2 items returned from same order number or separate orders of same item

Zavvi always ship items seperately even if you do multiple items in a same order

Did you do a return of 2 different orders same time even if each was same item in one parcel if yes you should not done that as each item would of needed to be returned separately as each would of had different returns authorization number

If other item was a different order you would then get a separate email notice of a return received as long as that return was done separately

Before you done the return did Zavvi send you 2 different returns authorization numbers or just 1 RA for both items

If you had 2 different returns authorization numbers each item should of been returned separately

Contact Zavvi telling them how you did the return and provide the RA numbers they gave you for each item

Was it 2 items returned from same order number or separate orders of same item

Zavvi always ship items seperately even if you do multiple items in a same order

Did you do a return of 2 different orders same time even if each was same item in one parcel if yes you should not done that as each item would of needed to be returned separately as each would of had different returns authorization number

If other item was a different order you would then get a separate email notice of a return received as long as that return was done separately

Before you done the return did Zavvi send you 2 different returns authorization numbers or just 1 RA for both items

If you had 2 different returns authorization numbers each item should of been returned separately

Contact Zavvi telling them how you did the return and provide the RA numbers they gave you for each item

Was same item x2 under one return with one RA number, in one box.

They basically must have scanned one and then put the other down and ignored it or someone in the warehouse ran off with it.
Still waiting for it to be refunded...24 days later after it was signed for in their warehouse.

Zavvi process is just shocking, and worst of all you cannot make an official complaint or call anyone.
Its so sad that we only have a few places to buy from these days, just glad HMV and Amazon still sell stuff otherwise I think I would just give up collecting.

Anyway Happy Christmas :)

can somebody clarify, the product description says there is a 2CD soundtrack only available to this edition. but there is a 2 cd soundtrack available separately. is the tracklist in this edition, different to the cd soundtrack that can be bought separately?

can somebody clarify, the product description says there is a 2CD soundtrack only available to this edition. but there is a 2 cd soundtrack available separately. is the tracklist in this edition, different to the cd soundtrack that can be bought separately?
In regards to 4K UHD releases only the 4K UHD collector's edition has the CD soundtrack from Quartet Records
The standard 4K UHD and standard Blu-ray release or 4K UHD steelbook does not include the CD soundtrack
So listing CD Soundtrack only available in the 30th Anniversary 4K UHD collector's edition is correct as the other 30th Anniversary Blu-ray and UHD releases of Total Recall don't include the CD soundtrack ;)

The Vinyl and CD releases on their own are not Blu-ray or UHD releases :rofl:

Quartet Records
30th Anniversary Vinyl was released on November 27th 2020
30th Anniversary CD soundtrack on it's own was released on November 30th 2020

In regards to 4K UHD releases only the collector's edition has the CD soundtrack from Quartet Records
The standard 4K UHD and standard Blu-ray release or 4K UHD steelbook does not include the CD soundtrack
So listing CD Soundtrack only available in the 30th Anniversary 4K UHD collector's edition is correct as the other 30th Anniversary Blu-ray and UHD releases of Total Recall don't include the CD soundtrack ;)

The Vinyl and CD releases on their own are not Blu-ray or UHD releases :rofl:

Quartet Records
30th Anniversary Vinyl was released on November 27th 2020
30th Anniversary CD soundtrack on it's own was released on November 30th 2020
Ha I see. Thanks

So they basically packed the 30th anniversary CD soundtrack discs into the 4K UHD Collectors edition.

Ha I see. Thanks

So they basically packed the 30th anniversary CD soundtrack discs into the 4K UHD Collectors edition.
Yes and has happened before with some other StudioCanal releases

They are different format releases in regards to Films and Music

• Helpful Post
Reactions: levi
It's basically a marketing lie to entice buyers, while what's of real interest, is the thick booklet. I somehow missed this release, 'only' got the steelbook.