Release date: June 4, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

ts1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
All 3 sold out already? :wow:

That's ridiculous. Even Captain Marvel is still in stock.
I've never seen a best buy steelbook sell out in 24 hours. I'm not sure I've seen it happen in a week. So unless Best Buy Ca. is incredibly different than BB.com I wouldn't worry about it, I'd be shocked if BB.ca was that different, should come back In Stock.

I've never seen a best buy steelbook sell out in 24 hours. I'm not sure I've seen it happen in a week. So unless Best Buy Ca. is incredibly different than BB.com I wouldn't worry about it, I'd be shocked if BB.ca was that different, should come back In Stock.

This is typical for Disney/Marvel releases these days at Best Buy Canada.. All 3 of the recent 4K Captain America steelbook releases sold out in less than a day. The Little Mermaid 4K sold out quickly. Spider-Verse sold out quickly and Shazam is already gone.

Shazam being a DC movie will most likely come back into stock.

It seems that when Disney/Marvel release their catalog titles in 4K steelbook form they are very limited in Canada.
However new releases seem to have a lot more copies. It took quite awhile after release day for Ralph Breaks The Internet to sell out and that's because it went on sale for $15 off recently.

Captain Marvel is still in stock after a day though.

This is typical for Disney/Marvel releases these days at Best Buy Canada.. All 3 of the recent 4K Captain America steelbook releases sold out in less than a day. The Little Mermaid 4K sold out quickly. Spider-Verse sold out quickly and Shazam is already gone.

Shazam being a DC movie will most likely come back into stock.

It seems that when Disney/Marvel release their catalog titles in 4K steelbook form they are very limited in Canada.
However new releases seem to have a lot more copies. It took quite awhile after release day for Ralph Breaks The Internet to sell out and that's because it went on sale for $15 off recently.

Captain Marvel is still in stock after a day though.
I had no idea, it's nothing like that at best buy.com

Does anyone know if this will come back in stock?

Also, are these titles usually available in store on release date?

@Stygian

They will not be available in stores. It's been a long time since a SteelBook released by Disney was carried in stores in Canada.

The listings were removed from Best Buy's website awhile ago along with Captain Marvel and the live Cinderella movie.
Since then the listings have returned to Best Buy's site except for Cinderella. Captain Marvel is back in stock but I don't know if the Toy Story SteelBooks came back in stock or not. If they did come back in stock then they sold out again and are probably gone for good.

However, if the Toy Story SteelBooks didn't come back in stock then there is a good chance that they will come back in stock since the listings are there.

Still just over 3 weeks until release day. I always suggest checking the site at least once a day.

Best Buy Canada for SteelBooks has become a complete and utter joke! I feel bad for my fellow Canadian collectors, who, like me, often miss out on the Canadian SteelBook releases because Best Buy Canada's website adds the listings inconsistently, rarely has enough stock, and the instore options are few and far between. Thankfully, for myself, Best Buy USA Bellingham is just a quick drive away, but if I didn't have that option, I'd likely have stopped collecting a few years ago. It's a far cry from the old Future Shop days.

Best Buy Canada for SteelBooks has become a complete and utter joke! I feel bad for my fellow Canadian collectors, who, like me, often miss out on the Canadian SteelBook releases because Best Buy Canada's website adds the listings inconsistently, rarely has enough stock, and the instore options are few and far between. Thankfully, for myself, Best Buy USA Bellingham is just a quick drive away, but if I didn't have that option, I'd likely have stopped collecting a few years ago. It's a far cry from the old Future Shop days.

Wow that must be nice!

• Thanks
Reactions: Thwip