Training Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 8, at 12PM UK time)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Premium edition extras: Exclusive Steelbook, Exclusive rigid slipcase, A3 Theatrical Poster, 4x Character Art Cards.
Special Steelbook Finishes: Overall matt, Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse).

CEF3B0A6-3396-4B15-A8FF-6C56BC9EF826.jpeg

A1F13C8D-63AE-45E1-80BB-E42C4EF7C84E.jpeg

AB9E667F-A5D5-426D-830F-450556648BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure? I thought it said characters as well? I may be wrong. But debossed bullet holes sold me, particularly if I've already got the other wwa on a slip lol i also prefer the green grade on the slip, to the orange steel. Doesn't suit this film so much imo.
Special Steelbook Finishes

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss map markings and title treatment (front)
  • Debossed bullet holes (reverse)

It’s the other one that says talent which I assume means Denzel Hawke

Special Steelbook Finishes

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse)

Reactions: samdavies
AmazonIt is literal dogs*it. I don't order from there cause they're literaly worst of the worst. I did do purchase or two from other sellers there and 0 problems. But from them i don't order sh*t even if it's free.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk and Noodles
I've had loads paul, particularly slips. But then again I've ordered a lot, so it's luck of the draw.
The difference for me is the Amazon Ireland Logistics Van drivers that do the delivery to Navan are very good in taking care of parcels
Amazon EU website orders majority of my orders are shipped from Amazon Italy/France/Germany warehouses direct to Amazon Ireland delivery Station in Rathcoole
Then delivery is done by Amazon Ireland Van driver

Those that are not Amazon prime members can have orders shipped using varied different postal services and in be in transit between multiple countries before out for delivery
As I'm a Prime Member that really don't happen now with my orders from Amazon UK or Amazon EU websites

Before Amazon Ireland opened the delivery station based in Rathcoole in 2020 I had amazon UK/EU orders arriverd damaged as they was shipped using various postal services and in transit between lots of EU countries before arriving in Ireland
That all changed once Amazon Ireland delivery Station in Rathcoole was up and running

My home we have around 5 to 10 Amazon UK/EU parcels delivered every week it can vary some weeks be less or more
As It's not just me that uses amazon at my address

I always use Amazon before other retailers unless it's a exclusive with another retailer
I reduced my Zavvi orders by over 60% since 2020 and used Amazon Instead if they had a same release available

It'll be the fullslip that'll be dented. Amazon are worse than zavvi for that in my experience
Oh, I don't care about that. I'll bang it up more that one time in 20 years that I'll take it off the shelf. :hilarious:
Probably make a bigger dent with my nail, assuming how anal some collectors are about the size of their 'dings'.

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
AmazonIt is literal dogs*it. I don't order from there cause they're literaly worst of the worst. I did do purchase or two from other sellers there and 0 problems. But from them i don't order sh*t even if it's free.
Same. I avoided them for ages because my stuff always arrived damaged, then decided to give them another chance last year thinking they may have improved... nope!

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Same. I avoided them for ages because my stuff always arrived damaged, then decided to give them another chance last year thinking they may have improved... nope!
Ill never buy another steelbook from them, with the rare exception being if they have a nice exclusive. I think my last one was no way home. Or Matrix. I forget which came first.

Ill never buy another steelbook from them, with the rare exception being if they have a nice exclusive. I think my last one was no way home. Or Matrix. I forget which came first.
Thankfully the majority of their stuff is available elsewhere... I can't even remember the last time they had an exclusive.

If you want to order from Italy, dvd-store.it is the way to go. They ship all items with bubble wrap in a sturdy box. The items in my order always arrive in pristine condition. They also have excellent customer service.

Reactions: Lenny Nero and Nova
Its pretty nice, glossing everywhere you would expect. The slip is decent too. Think arrow quality. I'm not convinced the collectors set is worth a £10 mark up though, not for an average full slip and 4 art cards that I can only call ok. And a poster. I mean nothing about it is bad, but neither is anything outstanding imo.

I'll do a full photo set and video later.
20230221_093123.jpg

What is unintentionally funny about this release having the same artwork on the slip and steel, yet tinted orange or green, is that each fairly aptly represent the colour timings on both the legacy blu-ray and this new 4K restoration. The latter being very warm (as was typical with DVDs), and the former rather teal lol

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Ya'll who think either new Steelbook is better than the full gloss embossed title original Steelbook are mental

I ended up getting the regular USA edition with slipcover - excited to watch tho, been hearing it's a major upgrade in PQ over the previous version