Training Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 8, at 12PM UK time)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Premium edition extras: Exclusive Steelbook, Exclusive rigid slipcase, A3 Theatrical Poster, 4x Character Art Cards.
Special Steelbook Finishes: Overall matt, Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse).

CEF3B0A6-3396-4B15-A8FF-6C56BC9EF826.jpeg

A1F13C8D-63AE-45E1-80BB-E42C4EF7C84E.jpeg

AB9E667F-A5D5-426D-830F-450556648BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Edition

Premium Extras

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Exclusive rigid slipcase
  • A3 Theatrical Poster
  • 4x Character Art Cards
Special Steelbook Finishes

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse)

Standard single steelbook

Special Steelbook Finishes

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss map markings and title treatment (front)
  • Debossed bullet holes (reverse)

They should've swapped the steels around... pointless having the same art on the slip.
Exactly...
Maybe they are hoping people will buy both to switch out the steels just so they can go home and count their money.
...what I'm going to do! :D

Actually since they're spot glossed and one is debossed, just going to keep both.
Only should've done a booklet instead of poster.

Reactions: Noodles
They should've swapped the steels around... pointless having the same art on the slip.
Completely agree.

Pass for me anyway. I'm happy with the previous steelbook release.
I honestly really wish I picked up that black and silver one. But I don’t mind these. Not sure what one I prefer. There’s more spot gloss on the collectors but debossing on the single. I’ll choose after in hand pics have surfaced to see what one is better

Reactions: Noodles
Brown is one for me. Definitely both steels are better than old one. Best thing at old one was embossing, but that was it, aside finish. Almost whole steel being black is just 200 iq of sh*t. Reminds me of The Rock steelbook, whole steelbook black with small image on back and title on front >.<

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Completely agree.

I honestly really wish I picked up that black and silver one. But I don’t mind these. Not sure what one I prefer. There’s more spot gloss on the collectors but debossing on the single. I’ll choose after in hand pics have surfaced to see what one is better
I don't LOVE either design tbh, but if I had to pick, then I'd definitely go with brown... although the finish can obviously make or break a steel, so it'll be interesting to see how they actually compare in hand.

you're right !

But in 2023, editors will keep release same titles as many years ago, but the new releases will be more expensive due to 4K and other reasons,
and worse, I'm sure we'll get new steels with no quality texture contrary steels released in the past.

They keep announcing titles we already got, but there is so much titles never released on bluray

@paulboland
any ideas please about the date for preorder on Zavvi ? would you think the collector edition will be only available for some countries ?

Thanks
Zavvi Pre order will be live on Sunday January 8th
12 PM for both SteelBooks

Note The Premium Edition is a Zavvi Exclusive
The other SteelBook will be trade wide

Tempted by these, particularly because of the half decent finishes. Nice surprise from WB being so transparent, must be taking notes from universal :rofl:

Think I'll wait for in hand shots and the 4K review though. I've already got the OG embossed glossed steel, which is better than both of these tbh.

Reactions: Flloydo