Release date: July 4, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

13745649-1904944387027594.jpg

13745649-1634944389779671.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2020
+1

I think they could do much better and certainly should do - at least for Tremors 1. Sequels for this one went downhill fast and one of those definitely should deserve art like is on this one.
I honestly really really like Aftershocks and I always have. The rest. Well it's the expectations people have for them. They are not supposed to be anything more than campy silly B movies about giant tunnelling worms and honestly they are all enjoyable for what they are.

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Eeevil Russian Empire
I honestly really really like Aftershocks and I always have. The rest. Well it's the expectations people have for them. They are not supposed to be anything more than campy silly B movies about giant tunnelling worms and honestly they are all enjoyable for what they are.
I like the first trilogy, the prequel, and the Sci-Fi channel TV series, each added something to the evolution of the creatures, taking their life cycle full circle (ass-blasters!), but I couldn't finish the first of the three newer sequels. Bought all 7 though, so maybe will get to them.
Burt Gummer is, of course, one of the best characters ever, the only one that makes them all worthy, love him!

Animated GIF

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
I like it as well... I'm assuming it's an arrow exclusive for Zavvi
Yes it's a Arrow Video release hence why Arrow announced the release and Arrow Video logo is on the steelbook

Same discs that was in Arrow Video previous 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases

Note
Does not include bonus Blu-ray disc that was exclusive to the previous Amaray slipbox 4K UHD and Blu-ray limited editions
That bonus blu-ray disc had
  • Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
  • Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
  • Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Dual Format Steelbook 4K UHD + Blu-ray
Both discs have film and extras
  • 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Limited Edition SteelBook packaging with newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville
  • Restored DTS-HD MA original theatrical 2.0 stereo, 4.0 surround, and remixed 5.1 surround audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
  • Audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
  • Making Perfection, a documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
  • The Truth About Tremors, an interview with coproducer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
  • Bad Vibrations, an interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
  • Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
  • Digging in the Dirt, a featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
  • Music for Graboids, a featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
  • Pardon My French!, a compilation of overdubs from the edited-for-television version
  • The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
  • Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
  • Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire
  • Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
  • Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
  • Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay

Lollard2002

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
Belfast
Yes it's a Arrow Video release hence why Arrow announced the release and Arrow Video logo is on the steelbook

Same discs that was in Arrow Video previous 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases

Note
Does not include bonus Blu-ray disc that was exclusive to the previous Amaray slipbox 4K UHD and Blu-ray limited editions
That bonus blu-ray disc had
  • Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
  • Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
  • Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)
Not bothered about the lack of blu-ray... I can get the all film set for the rest of the series...