Completed True Detective (Season 4) [HBO Max]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
The first official "True Detective" trailer was released this evening on HBO prior to the "Boardwalk Empire" season premiere and you can now watch it below!

"True Detective" is written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Woody Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened.

"True Detective" premieres in January of 2014.

Attachments

• True Detective.jpg
    True Detective.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by a moderator:
Ani lets Ray know she's in charge after he goes rogue on the investigation, even though he stumbles on crucial evidence that takes the case in a new direction. Meanwhile, Frank meets with his former associates in the criminal underworld, but they make it clear they're not taking orders from him anymore; and Paul hits the streets to see if Caspar's face rings a bell.
He isn't dead, in the first trailer it shows him in clips that weren't in either episode.

Last edited:
Velcoro is becoming my favorite character this season. Farrell is showing he has developed some serious acting chops in the past few years. His delivery of the line of this episode in my opinion is simply right on for the character.

Reactions: luke98
Loved the last episode and the season as a whole.

sad ending for the most part but it was good they tired something different for the end in season 2. Happy to see Ani make it out but soo bummed out Ray got killed. Can't wait to watch it all over again on blu ray.

Reactions: ash333 and luke98
I have mixed feelings about season 2... I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it either. The story kind of lost me... probably because I just didn't find it all that interesting most of the time. I had no idea that was the last episode until I'd watched it either... I expected there to be quite a bit more to the story or something bigger to happen. I guess I feel a bit "meh" about it overall, although there were some great stand out moments in between all the boring stuff lol.

Reactions: lolwut and ash333
Without giving too much away, there are quite a few articles out on the Internet discussing how the ending was revealed early in the season. Re-watching season 2 would be just as enjoyable as season 1 IMO :)

YYDYICQ4vCjPVmDGo2Sxm6RxVOaNGiQ3fHz69GZ1heY.png

vQyZ14XM_7UWNZbjH7SiylwTVqVmVew7o8eo8HhA0zk.png

Release date: Fall 2018

From HBO Press release:
"True Detective" returns by popular demand for Chapter 3. Written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Michael Mann. New York 2005, It centers on detectives, John Donovan (Nicolas Cages) and Robert Parker (Bruce Willis) More details are to follow, the series is still in development stages and supporting cast will be announced in the coming months.

Variety Exclusive Clip:

Last edited: