True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot gloss. Gloss layer underneath, with matte on top. Gloss remains on sunglasses and earrings. I'd have preferred full gloss too, but it looks pretty decent to be honest. It's standard pricing for arrow, their 4k non steel editions are £30, and that's without a bluray. The deluxe edition offers decent value imo.
This has been termed 'Deluxe' though.

Not that deluxe then....

I think this is incredibly deluxe and for once a decent price and stunning package. For £35.
4K steelbook With great art (would of preferred gloss to but it does look good). Great slip with cool art front and back. 2 posters, booklet, art cards etc and some other bits. Well worth it for this imo

Last action hero should of been this price

Spot gloss. Gloss layer underneath, with matte on top. Gloss remains on sunglasses and earrings. I'd have preferred full gloss too, but it looks pretty decent to be honest. It's standard pricing for arrow, their 4k non steel editions are £30, and that's without a bluray. The deluxe edition offers decent value imo.
have to agree though that this is going in a horrible direction.. this would be 20-25gbp just a few years ago and in the US it would probably still be today

without the reddit code i would have paid 43GBP which roughly translates to 50€... you can get a manta lab edition shipped across half the world for that price and as cool as this editions seems, theyre a lot nicer than arrow editions

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
have to agree though that this is going in a horrible direction.. this would be 20-25gbp just a few years ago and in the US it would probably still be today

without the reddit code i would have paid 43GBP which roughly translates to 50€... you can get a manta lab edition shipped across half the world for that price and as cool as this editions seems, theyre a lot nicer than arrow editions
Oh yeah, I'm not so much condoning the price increases, but I don't know why anyone expected different. £30 for an arrow 4k steelbook with a booklet is "normal", and offers miles better value than disney/mcu 4k steels for the same/more money. Studiocanal charge £30 for anniversary 4k steel releases with 3 discs as well, which i also consider relatively good value.

Even arrow's basic blurays are much more expensive than the price other studios typically set their 1080p releases. The value is brought with the pure effort they put in to the collection of features, sleeve art and booklet. Their 4k releases are the same, a good £5 more than the £20 standard for catalogue titles, which is comparable to their 1080p prices.

Yes I used discount and free delivery, but £35 for a x2 disc 4k steel with a hard slip, 60p booklet, x2 posters and x7 cards offers tremendous value. Of course only if you're interested in all that brought together in one package that is :rofl:

Reactions: hatredhorror
Oh yeah, I'm not so much condoning the price increases, but I don't know why anyone expected different. £30 for an arrow 4k steelbook with a booklet is "normal", and offers miles better value than disney/mcu 4k steels for the same/more money. Studiocanal charge £30 for anniversary 4k steel releases with 3 discs as well, which i also consider relatively good value.

Even arrow's basic blurays are much more expensive than the price other studios typically set their 1080p releases. The value is brought with the pure effort they put in to the collection of features, sleeve art and booklet. Their 4k releases are the same, a good £5 more than the £20 standard for catalogue titles, which is comparable to their 1080p prices.

Yes I used discount and free delivery, but £35 for a x2 disc 4k steel with a hard slip, 60p booklet, x2 posters and x7 cards offers tremendous value. Of course only if your interested in all that :rofl:
fair enough

That's fair enough but an Arrow disc is always more desirable to me since they normally do their own mastering which is 99% of the time better than the equivalent. Their extras (on the discs) are top notch too.
I've always liked the rigid slips, ok, they're not to the quality of finish as Manta, nowhere near, but they are consistant and look good when they're stored together. The steels are often rubbish, usually decent art, but I'm not sure how their approval goes in terms of finish and 'bossing.

The steels are often rubbish, usually decent art, but I'm not sure how their approval goes in terms of finish and 'bossing.
The occasional few decent finish steels from them. Robocop, 12 monkeys, this one. They've taken more to spot gloss on occasion now, which draws away from the streaky matte thankfully. No bossing I can recall of, and obviously not up to manta's level, no. Can't fault the discs themselves though, very thorough releases.

Reactions: jc2ssych and davhyl
Yeah, same. I'm just saying, I'm sure at some point they would have considered it during an approval process. Just wonder why they've never done it to make the release look more "premium", cost, continuity...?
You'd think they must have, seeing as they're an independent label commissioning steels at their own whim. It's not like they're WWA releases from a major studio. Who knows...