Grey Matter Art True Romance by Tyler Stout

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
On behalf of all of us here at Grey Matter Art, we would like to wish everyone and their families a very happy, healthy holiday season! Over the years we have been so lucky to have the opportunity to work with many talented and incredible artists, but we are thrilled to reveal to you that for the first time ever we are working with one of our favorite artists, Tyler Stout! So here it is, Under license from Morgan Creek, an officially licensed, limited-edition screen print for the 1993 romantic crime film, “True Romance.” Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Tony Scott, we are honored to celebrate the film’s 25th Anniversary. “True Romance” goes on sale this Thursday, December 13th at 1 pm (est), in the GMA Shop.

Regular Edition of 750/ $65.00
1.jpg

Variant Edition of 300/ $110.00
2.jpg

Gold Variant Edition of 300 (Sold via Tyler Stout’s Shop TBA)

“True Romance” by Tyler Stout
Regular Edition of 750/ $65.00
Variant Edition of 300/ $110.00
Gold Variant Edition of 300 (Sold via Tyler Stout’s Shop TBA)
Printed by D&L Screenprinting

(There will be a limit of 1 version of the poster per person/household. Purchasing more than 1 version is not allowed, orders violating this policy will be canceled.)
On Sale Thursday, December 13th at 1PM (est) here.
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and be sure to sign up for the Grey Matter Art Newsletter for all future updates and information.

:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious what the difference is between the reg and variant is other than the lower numbers to warrant the $40.00 jump. seems the var is just another colorway? Is it like a metallic layer? Glitter? @Wreck

@Wreck What's your gut feeling about this one John. Instant sell out as in seconds/minutes?

I'm going for one but should I try and get some allies/help to score? Are you going for one?

@Wreck What's your gut feeling about this one John. Instant sell out as in seconds/minutes?

I'm going for one but should I try and get some allies/help to score? Are you going for one?

I think the run is large for the property even with Stout. I think it means most people who want a copy can score. (least the reg) So that's a good thing. Variant it all depends. The colorway is more like that of Drive which is popular in these circles of poster collecting. that neon like vibe. But the reg colorway to me is more in line with the movie in my eyes and the one id go for.

I likely grab the reg but I'm not sure at what point whether it be release or later off the bay'. Likely the latter, have spent a lot lately on unforeseen travel expenses due to health issues with my mom.

Tyler Stouts artwork always looks good but I must admit I’m not really feeling the likenesses of Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette, especially at the bottom. Still a nice print though.:)

I think the run is large for the property even with Stout. I think it means most people who want a copy can score. (least the reg) So that's a good thing. Variant it all depends. The colorway is more like that of Drive which is popular in these circles of poster collecting. that neon like vibe. But the reg colorway to me is more in line with the movie in my eyes and the one id go for.

I likely grab the reg but I'm not sure at what point whether it be release or later off the bay'. Likely the latter, have spent a lot lately on unforeseen travel expenses due to health issues with my mom.

Thanks. I'm not sure which one I'll go for yet. Think I'll try my luck on the reg;) Here's a side by side comparison.

Sorry to hear about your mom, I wish her all the best.

48051640_10156904032866944_6932968782235172864_o.jpg

Ah well. Managed to get to the last step then 'sold out'. ****! Money saved then. :(

I really didnt see it selling so many. Congrats to all of them tho.

They were gone within the first 2 minutes. Site lagged as hell. Yup congrats to those who scored, not so much to those who shop with bots, which I believe is many!
I saw someone who linked to that supercopbot site on twitter. I've never looked at things like that before. For $50 you can get one who does it all for you. It's inevitable, but annoying for us who operates fair.

I got lucky in the second round emails! The email ticked in just when my kids woke me up. Result! :D

I've posted these pics on social media but wanted to post them here as well. I absolutely love this print. Like I posted earlier, I got lucky in Stout's email lotto.
I had the opportunity to buy this or the gold variant and chose this. I've had moments (and still have) where I regret not going gold. :p But I made my choice and I do love the reg. :drool: Lots of pics in the spoiler....

DvV8sY.jpg

z75t12.jpg
GI15jV.jpg
llEwXd.jpg
HtdmYV.jpg
WZoJAr.jpg
x52LFb.jpg
BhRvRP.jpg
axOrwc.jpg

congrats @spass I too got the regular. It's beautiful though I think given the choice I would have gone for the Gold Variant

Thanks. Had I had the opportunity again I would've gone gold, I'm sure. It's also the 'more limited' aspect that of course means something.