Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Release date: June 6, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $37.99

71kuHGT+sRL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the chances of this being region free? Would love to import but I'm guessing it's going to be locked.

Great show. Fitted Stallone perfectly. I do kind of feel like publisher's are throwing a steelbook at anything and everything nowadays though.
A complete concluded series, yes.
They'll be releasing a steelbook per episode next :LOL:

Whoa, I did not expect this to get a release at all, much less a steelbook! Maybe Taylor Sheridan had something to do with.
Great series, buying it for sure, to replace my pirate files, although those are UHD, but I'd like to support such releases.

It's not complete, ended on a cliffhanger, and there will be a second season at least.

Does anyone know the chances of this being region free? Would love to import but I'm guessing it's going to be locked.
Paramount used to be region free for all releases, ever since their support of regionless HD DVD, but this is together with Amazon, so I don't know.

Reactions: crib79
Some paramount USA Blu-ray discs releases have been region A locked but majority are region free

The exception is in regards to Films/TV that are with different distributor in other countries
Examples below films that is distributed by Fox/Disney/Universal in UK and not by Paramount In UK

USA Paramount Blu-ray discs listed below are Region A Locked
Braveheart (UK is with Fox/Disney)
Gladiator (UK is with Universal)
The Wolf of Wall Street (UK is with Universal/Arrow)
Titanic (UK is with Fox/Disney)

There are some other films/TV shows that are distributed by other labels outside USA as in not a Paramount release in those countries.

If it's a Blu-ray release that distributed by Paramount worldwide it will be Region Free

If a Blu-ray release is distributed by other labels outside USA and not by Paramount
The USA disc will need to be tested to see if region free or locked

In general with any USA Blu-ray disc release the only way it's known for 100% sure is when customers get delivery and test the disc in a Region B player to see if playback possible.

Tulsa King
There is no UK Blu-ray release announced yet for but it's available to stream on Paramount+ in UK/Ireland
I assume will be Paramount in UK if it gets a physical media release.

• Informative
Reactions: crib79
Great show. Fitted Stallone perfectly. I do kind of feel like publisher's are throwing a steelbook at anything and everything nowadays though.
They'll be releasing a steelbook per episode next :LOL:
I think they should have most things in steelbook form. Just as an FYI, I had a flood in my basement recently. All my blu-rays that were regular amray cases were toast (paper-wise), but the discs still works. Now my steels are completely intact, except of course for the J-cards. I can reprint those though. Steels are superior in every way after that fiasco.

On a seperate note: why are these new shows only coming out in regular blu-ray form. Why not 4K? This is becoming annoying, but I guess it's good that they made this on disc at all. Netflix only releases on DVD for a lot of their shows. They tick me off more than most.

On a seperate note: why are these new shows only coming out in regular blu-ray form. Why not 4K? This is becoming annoying, but I guess it's good that they made this on disc at all. Netflix only releases on DVD for a lot of their shows. They tick me off more than most.
Yeah, I'm not buying any of the series on DVD for the last 15 years, but I am getting those on Blu-ray, that had 2160p streaming files available, just to support at least that.

Did anyone get this? Any photos?
I got it, arrived a little dented on the back, haven't opened it yet, but if you need to know something specific, I will.

Fishfast26009.jpg

There's a French guy unboxing of this exact US steelbook though, it's nice and glossy:

Would've bought this but as there's no guarantee of steels for future seasons I will wait for a boxset instead.

I got it, arrived a little dented on the back, haven't opened it yet, but if you need to know something specific, I will.

View attachment 564138

There's a French guy unboxing of this exact US steelbook though, it's nice and glossy:

Thanks. It’s ok man, don’t open it. It’s the finish I was wondering about so that video was perfect! I’m considering importing as I collect Stallone steelbooks. Given it’s a tv show though and, as the post above notes, future seasons might not get a release, I was up and down on it. Appreciate the help.

Reactions: Lenny Nero