UK Steelbooks

Is the UK generally treated as a second class blu-ray market, deprived of the best?

• Yes

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2012
Does anyone else in the UK feel like we get short changed when it comes to steelbooks? I've set out to solely collect UK steelbooks, and there are so many fantastic German and Canadian imports, but it seems like aside from chart topping movies that HMV and Play.com throw out releases for, we have considerably less selection, especially when it comes to older movies.

This isn't exclusive to steelbooks either in fact. Just blu ray transfers generally are much more limited within the UK than the US and others. I imported Memento years before it got a UK release. Similarly, A River Runs Through It, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The French Connection 2 (weirdly, as 1 is available...)

What's the consensus? Are UK blu-ray and steelbook fans being shafted?

Attachments

• No Pic.jpg
    No Pic.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
A fair point SlimJim24. I am doubting my original stance somewhat, although I still think the fact that there is such a chasm between Canadian/ German SBs and UK steelbooks warrants criticism. That there are countries worse off sucks for them, no doubt, but isn't really relevant to my initial complaint.

Absolutely! But there's always room for criticism. The richest man in the world wants more money I bet. It's human nature to be critical, so there's nothing wrong with it. I do hope EVERYONE gets better quality steels and more selection, cause steelbooks are just so darn awesome.

If you look at Portugal in the matter of Blu-Ray we only have 4 steelbook releases:

Thor
Captain America
Salt (the first one to get a SB)
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon

So if you wanna talk about poor releases on SB, Portugal got the be at the top loool.. count the fact that we get less and less distributors, in a manner of fact a few months ago Universal stop distribute releases..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.