dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
ULTRAVIOLET WILL CLOSE ON JULY 31, 2019

What should you do now?
  • Login here and choose Retailer Services to verify the retailers linked to your UltraViolet Library. If your Library is not currently linked to a retailer or if you would like to link to additional participating retailers, select one or more retailers to link to your UltraViolet Library.
  • Don’t unlink or close your UltraViolet Library, as UltraViolet and retailers will be working together to maximize your continued access to movies and TV shows.

Between January 31 and July 31, 2019:
  • You can continue to access your UltraViolet movies and TV shows through the retailer(s) linked to your UltraViolet Library.
  • You can also continue to purchase new movies and TV shows and redeem digital codes by following the redemption instructions. Depending on the retailer, these new purchases and redemptions may or may not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
  • Linking your UltraViolet Library to additional retailers can maximize your access to your Library and help avoid potential disruption.

After the shutdown date:
  • Your UltraViolet Library will automatically close and, in the majority of cases, your movies and TV shows will remain accessible at previously-linked retailers.
  • You can continue to make online purchases and redeem codes, but these may only be available through that retailer, and will not be added to your UltraViolet Library.

Thank you for making UltraViolet part of how you enjoy digital entertainment. See Help for more information.

https://www.myuv.com/

Vudu has issued a response:

Regarding UltraViolet

Recently you received an email announcing that UltraViolet will be shutting down its service on July 31, 2019.

The discontinuation of the UltraViolet service will not impact your ability to watch, rent or buy movies and TV shows on Vudu. You currently have an UltraViolet Library connected to your Vudu account, and all of the titles you have in your Vudu account today will continue to be accessible in your Vudu account up to and after UltraViolet shuts down.

To ensure continued access to your titles beyond UltraViolet shutdown, please do not unlink your UltraViolet account from Vudu.

We are working with UltraViolet to make this experience as seamless as possible for you. You will continue to receive updates and information directly from UltraViolet and can visit their site at any time for more information at www.myuv.com.

We have also answered some of the most common questions on our FAQ.

Sincerely,

Vudu

It don't affect anyone as long as you have have retailer linked to your UV account
Just verfiy by looking at your account which services are linked to your UV account

Your digital purchases will still be available to view using your linked services with their website or apps they provide

In my case that's with Flixster and Sony

Don't unlink any of the services already linked to your account

This is why I don't like digital. You will lose them all in the end.
They not been lost
The digital copies are still viewable with the streaming provider linked to UV account

The expansion of services and improvements with individual providers is why UV account is no longer needed and is why UV account won't be used after March

Man. This whole digital copy thing is a mess. (at least it is for me in Canada)

So I recently decided to try and redeem a code from WB...
- It sends to you Flixster.
- Flixster then says it is shut down and says to migrate my collection from UV to Vudu.
- Is sends you to Vudu.
- Vudu only available in the USA.

:banghead:

Now what!?

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles

- Flixster then says it is shut down and says to migrate my collection from UV to Vudu.
- Is sends you to Vudu.

Now what!?

I have never tried to redeem a digital code. I wouldn't even know how to try. I hope I never have to find out.

- Is sends you to Vudu.

Now what!?

Flixster video works for me in the UK. I redeemed a load of stuff this week. I can log in online and on the app, if memory serves they had two companies, Flixter and Flixster Video. I think it was only the Flixster that closed. Think i just had to update the app or something.