Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.33 star(s) Rating: 3.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Underwater

Genre: Thriller, Action, Adventure

Director: William Eubank

Cast: Kristen Stewart, T.J. Miller, Vincent Cassel, John Gallagher Jr., Jessica Henwick, Mamoudou Athie, Gunner Wright

Release: 2020-01-08

Plot: After an earthquake destroys their underwater station, six researchers must navigate two miles in the dangerous, unknown depths of the ocean floor to make it to safety in a race against time.

I’m so up for this.

These are my kind of guilty pleasure films. And like sharks I find anything ocean realated terrifying

They looks like fuuucked up mermaids/men

Looks awesome! It's been too long since we had an underwater creature thriller like this.

I kinda count the meg but yeah shark and creature are different I suppose

And like deep blue sea, the meg became a guilty please of mine

This does look good though.

Reactions: tridon
I kinda count the meg but yeah shark and creature are different I suppose

And like deep blue sea, the meg became a guilty please of mine

This does look good though.

I thought about The Meg when making that comment, but yeah — I consider creatures and sharks to be different. Getting vibes of Abyss and Sphere with this, but with a mix of Alien. Can’t wait!

Reactions: Flloydo
I thought about The Meg when making that comment, but yeah — I consider creatures and sharks to be different. Getting vibes of Abyss and Sphere with this, but with a mix of Alien. Can’t wait!

Agreed.

Oh my I forgot about Sphere. Haven’t seen that in ages.

Kristen Stewart looks weird with her hair cut that short and bleached like that.

3D_Contacts.gif

Last edited:
Not seen it yet, but heard good things. So still looking forward to seeing it when its released on streaming...

Its decent mate. Liked the way it was filmed, it’s mental and the cast are great. I’m not a massive Kristen Stewart fan but I liked her in this. She did it for me

Reactions: GeoRattray
Has anyone watched this yet? @tridon ?

I really enjoyed it. That’s it. Won’t ruin anything. But I liked it

I absolutely loved it, dude. Seriously, from start to end, it was a fantastic creature feature. Great monster designs, surprising "final boss", cool kills, insanely claustrophobic atmosphere, good performances (ESPECIALLY Kristan Stewart)... I loved it. It paid homages to so many different films -- Alien, Pitch Black, Sphere, The Abyss, etc. -- yet it stood as its own thing. In a lot of ways, it gave me the same feeling that I got when watching Life a few years back. It came out of nowhere and blew away my expectations. It's unfortunate that horror/sci-fi is rarely supported by the general public these days. It's my favourite mash-up of genres and I feel like it'll eventually die off or be shoved to streaming platforms only.

Reactions: Flloydo
Wow ! Did no one get the H.P.Lovecraft stuff that was all over this film ? The big creature is Cthulhu ... There is even drawing by H.P.L. in the locker ... The Cthulhu mythology is so interesting.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I absolutely loved it, dude. Seriously, from start to end, it was a fantastic creature feature. Great monster designs, surprising "final boss", cool kills, insanely claustrophobic atmosphere, good performances (ESPECIALLY Kristan Stewart)... I loved it. It paid homages to so many different films -- Alien, Pitch Black, Sphere, The Abyss, etc. -- yet it stood as its own thing. In a lot of ways, it gave me the same feeling that I got when watching Life a few years back. It came out of nowhere and blew away my expectations. It's unfortunate that horror/sci-fi is rarely supported by the general public these days. It's my favourite mash-up of genres and I feel like it'll eventually die off or be shoved to streaming platforms only.

100 percent this. All of it. The final boss was crazy good. Had Godzilla vibes. Love the way this film starts chaotic and doesn’t give up

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database