snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: UP 3D
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 units, 2 disc edition: 3D disc is Region FREE, 2D is Region B.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10864601-1385746462-289118.jpg
    10864601-1385746462-289118.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,145
Last edited by a moderator:
Your scans are amazing EEK! How do you get those great colours? Seems like I have to buy a better scanner :emb:

Not gonna lie, I do touch it up in photoshop, but that's only because with the lid not flatly closed, the lighting gets affected a little. But I try my best to tweak it to as close to the steel without over doing it to what it should be (in my mind)

There is apparently a blufans version that is a box set and includes a replica of the Adventures Book? Does anyone know anything about that? The blufans website just tells you to wait for the announcement.

I wasn't able to find a thread about that topic, but then again, I don't find the forum search to be entirely reliable.

There is apparently a blufans version that is a box set and includes a replica of the Adventures Book? Does anyone know anything about that? The blufans website just tells you to wait for the announcement.

I wasn't able to find a thread about that topic, but then again, I don't find the forum search to be entirely reliable.

It's here MissFishie - https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/45941/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: charleybusko
For many it is all about 'bang for buck'. I used to think I had to get the best Steelbook available regardless of cost too, but now I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Steelbooks anymore. I agree that the Blufans version is better but is it worth the extra cash over this one? I don't think it is personally.

If I take into account that I'd have to buy the amray version to get a 2D disc that would play in Canada and the bonus disc, it's almost the same price as the blu-fans release. Plus the I really like the slip on the blu-fans too.

To those who got the slips with no text/design, did Zavvi arrange any replacements/refunds for you ? I just got one with a blank slip and Zavvi claims that since the slip wasn't advertised, it cannot be counted as their fault, and that I can return but I'll have to bear the return shipping costs :/

To those who got the slips with no text/design, did Zavvi arrange any replacements/refunds for you ? I just got one with a blank slip and Zavvi claims that since the slip wasn't advertised, it cannot be counted as their fault, and that I can return but I'll have to bear the return shipping costs :/

Everyone got the same as you. It's simply what Disney decided to go for with this one and a few others released around the same time.

Nah am serious
I find it massively overhyped overhyped

Incredibles was my long time fave until Inside Out

I also prefer Finding Dory over Nemo, and am not nuts about Toy Story (do love the 4th)
UP is low on my list too. I think Coco is number #1 at present although they do tend to switch about :LOL:

I lost interest in Pixar after the incredibles (thought incredibles sucked).Finding Nemo was the last good Pixar ha ..Up to that point computer animated films felt like they were new and pushing boundaries. After Finding Nemo it felt like they were just churning them out as fast as they could. I suppose it didn't help that everyone was making them, and you would see computer animated shows on tv that were poor quality/low budget. Its just the modern way to make a cartoon/animate.

even toy story has lost its original appeal and become just another series with forgettable sequels that retread on old ground.