Earth
Release date: November 3, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group Buy: hosted by apsmith21

6426641_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: :rofl: your thought is

ToC has only had a unique steel when Best Buy hasn't released more or less at the same time. When they have, ToC have used the same steel, only using their logo and a worse finish to distinguish themselves.
See Goodfellas and WW.

200.gif

1. so far ToC revealed all artworks first. best buy always announced their version much later
2. this steelbook isnt in the same league as their previous ones. the others were "simple"
3. you are always wrong

200.gif

1. so far ToC revealed all artworks first. best buy always announced their version much later
2. this steelbook isnt in the same league as their previous ones. the others were "simple"
3. you are always wrong

1. Pure coincidence/BB wanted to beat ToC to the punch. Big deal. It's also very early to say if ToC, after having done a whopping 5-6 releases, intended to show their WW and Goodfellas before BB or it just happened that way.
2. Not in the same league? Because it's better? LOL There is no rule of ToC = simple/iconic art. Look at 2001. Look at RPO, no more simple than the previous WWA. They might only go simple when it suits them. What if by ToC #25 only 3-4 of their releases have featured simple art?
3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Spanked by a n00b

This steel is a little too busy (which is not always a bad thing) for my linking but still probably the best one so far. Besides Portman's head (which was mentioned above) the other thing that doesn't look great is the movie title right over the "V" symbol. imo it would make must more sense along the top (if Portman wasn't there) or just below the "V" symbol. Why even draw in the trademark symbol of the movie if you're just going to put text over it. Still gonna get the regular release though - this is a fantastic movie with a lot of renewed relevancy.

Colour coding against one release, yes, but that's about it. It's got characters from the film and a title on the front, with a scene shot in the background. This is typical a typical approach for steelbooks in general, but not for ToC releases. They've thus far taken one single (subjectively iconic) element from a film and made it the sole focal point for the steelbook design. I'd welcome the BB design for the ToC release, but creatively it'd be a step away from the continuity of their line of current releases, so I'm kind of doubting it.

in the last episode of "my name is @DMD4k and i have no clue"

1. Pure coincidence/BB wanted to beat ToC to the punch. Big deal. It's also very early to say if ToC, after having done a whopping 5-6 releases, intended to show their WW and Goodfellas before BB or it just happened that way.
2. Not in the same league? Because it's better? LOL There is no rule of ToC = simple/iconic art. Look at 2001. Look at RPO, no more simple than the previous WWA. They might only go simple when it suits them. What if by ToC #25 only 3-4 of their releases have featured simple art?
3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Spanked by a n00b

see, i was right

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and tommyh84
Could a Ninja help me getting this one? It probably won’t get a group buy.
I would request help too, please. But if someone can confirm the FNAC steel will be the same as this, no problem then. (The finish is the problem, again, i expect this to be glossy but Europe always matte)