Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £41.99 - £25

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpgA11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Upgraded my pre-order to this edition (steelbook or not). Future proofing my collection but not sure when I'll be upgrading to 4K but either way, it will look stunning on whatever set up I have.

• Thanks
Reactions: HornyRhino
I have pre ordered for now

I will keep the pre order when it's 100% confirmed as a steelbook and only if an extras Bonus Disc is included
4K UHD I wont be using as I don't have a 4K TV but if it includes a bonus extras disc I will keep my order even if not a steelbook

Reactions: HornyRhino

Message From Customer Service

Hello,

From your e-mail, I can understand that you would like to know whether the item 'Valerian and The City Of A Thousand Planets (exclusive To Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray 4K + 3D + Blu-ray + UV]' is steelbook or not and the reason that makes the item exclusive to Amazon.co.uk.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation.

I've checked the item in our site and there is no additional information about the item.

However, there is no cause for concern.

To help you out in this instance, I'll personally look into this with our buying team and to update you with the item details and whether the item is steelbook or not.

I'll be in touch by email on 31 August 2017 with an update, if not before.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We value your business with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Message From Customer Service

Hello,

From your e-mail, I can understand that you would like to know whether the item 'Valerian and The City Of A Thousand Planets (exclusive To Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray 4K + 3D + Blu-ray + UV]' is steelbook or not and the reason that makes the item exclusive to Amazon.co.uk.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation.

I've checked the item in our site and there is no additional information about the item.

However, there is no cause for concern.

To help you out in this instance, I'll personally look into this with our buying team and to update you with the item details and whether the item is steelbook or not.

I'll be in touch by email on 31 August 2017 with an update, if not before.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We value your business with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Update from Amazon Customer Services this morning:

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Further to your e-mail on August 23, 2017, I am contacting you regarding the Valerian and The City Of A Thousand Planets (exclusive To Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray 4K).\

On checking, I can see and confirm that this is not a steelbook version.

If you wish to contact us with more information, please reply to this email and we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.

Alternatively Customer Service can be reached by phone, e-mail and chat 7 days a week using the link below. We can be reached by phone 06.00 to midnight local UK time, and by e-mail and chat 24 hours a day:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/contact-us

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

However, they haven't confirmed what it is about this particular release that makes it an exclusive to amazon.co.uk.

I wonder whether it is just the fact that it contains both the 4K and 3D versions in the same package. Anyway, I have now asked for further clarification to confirm (or otherwise) my suspicions. Will provide further updates as and when I receive any from Amazon.

Moved to 4K section.
It's not listed currently as a steelbook, but I've just had the following response from Amazon to my enquiry in that regard:

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to write to us.

After receiving your email I have checked with our buying team & can confirm that the item is a Steelbook.

If you have other queries or concerns, please feel free to reply on this message. We will be more than happy to assist you.

We value your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.​

I have suggested that they update the listing to make it clear that it is a steelbaook if that really is the case!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: GeoRattray
Amazon have today changed the title of this to confirm it is indeed a steelbook.

I saw on another forum a couple of people having got confirmation from Amazon too.

Ordered earlier today when I saw it had changed. Couldn't find this thread on here though as it had moved out of the steelbook section.

Assume it'll move back now?