Vertigo (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Release date: September 9, 2021
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
33C42006-29AD-4446-A1C8-A13478CC203E.png

So it looks like the German release of this and Rear Window have PET slips judging from the mock-ups. I'm not saying they do for sure. Just sayin'.

There seems no title on the front? I hope BB can release these as well, so that they can line up with THE BIRDS and PSYCHO.

I was very fond of my Spirograph set as a kid so naturally always liked this famous spiral pattern (designed by experimental filmmaker John Whitney) and the silhouetted figures (drawn by longtime Bass associate Art Goodman) put together by Saul Bass (1920-1996).

This one being the most recognisable of the four created:-
1624644242608.png

Out of all the posters, and there are quite a number of them, the strangest has got to be this one from1961 (Poland) by Roman Cieslewicz which is just about saved by the spiral pattern of the fingerprints and the target on the skull:-
1624643669068.png

Last edited:
If anyone ever does a steelbook series of classic films using Polish posters, my wallet is just done. I love those crazy designs so much!

My favorite Vertigo poster design is this Italian one, which I presume will never be used on a steelbook (but we can dream):

c95480de8b560dd8277998a8780dface.jpg

Vertigo Italy bc.png

Another mockup I did once, using a couple of the Saul Bass tall-format posters. I've always been fond of the light blue one:

Vertigo e.png

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Vertigo popped up on Amazon Prime Video this month. I've never seen this movie so I'll finally get a chance to check it out.