Mondo Vertigo by Thomas Danthony

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Vertigo by Thomas Danthony. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

V.jpg

Tomorrow we're celebrating a few of our favorite Hitchcock films: Vertigo and The Birds with new posters by Thomas Danthony, We Buy Your Kids and Adam Simpson!

Thomas Danthony is an artist we've been fans of and wanted to work with for some time, and it was great to join forces here. His minimal and bold approach highlights the more voyeuristic aspects of the film and slyly gives the feeling that the tower is leaning over and 'watching' as the man's (is it Scottie or Gavin...?) illuminated face becomes the eye.

"I love the original poster by Saul Bass, as a classic movie poster it was a pleasure to dive into the movie again to create my own version. I wanted a new point of view for the fall scene with an endless fall / vertigo feeling. For me, Vertigo is articulated around that scene which actually happens twice with different characters. I tried to highlight that loop effect of endless falling with the story repeating itself. We can’t see who is falling and which man is in the tower, so it’s up to the viewer to place it in the movie."
-
Thomas Danthony

Available at a random time on 1/14 at Mondo

Reactions: C2V3N