Cancelled Vinyl (Season 1) [HBO]

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
vinyl-poster.jpg

Created by Mick Jagger & Martin Scorsese & Rich Cohen and Terence Winter, this new drama series is set in 1970s New York. A ride through the sex- and drug-addled music business at the dawn of punk, disco, and hip-hop, the show is seen through the eyes of a record label president, Richie Finestra, played by Bobby Cannavale, who is trying to save his company and his soul without destroying everyone in his path. Additional series regulars include Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, Ato Essandoh, Max Casella, P.J. Byrne, J.C. MacKenzie, Birgitte Hjort Sørensen, Juno Temple, Jack Quaid, James Jagger and Paul Ben-Victor. Scorsese, Jagger and Winter executive produce along with Victoria Pearman, Rick Yorn, Emma Tillinger Koskoff, John Melfi, Allen Coulter and George Mastras. Winter serves as showrunner. The 10-episode first season debuts February 14th.

Pemiered last night in the US and today here in Norway on HBO Nordic. Can't bloody wait to get home after work tonight to see the pilot. And it's 108mins long! Bring it! :D

You're gonna see this @Noodles ?
I will eventually mate... not sure when though. I actually follow Juno Temple on Instagram and have seen her posting about it for a while now, but I thought it was a film lol. It wasn't until the other day when a friend mentioned it that I realised it was a TV show. :facepalm:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass
I will eventually mate... not sure when though. I actually follow Juno Temple on Instagram and have seen her posting about it for a while now, but I thought it was a film lol. It wasn't until the other day when a friend mentioned it that I realised it was a TV show. :facepalm:

Haha! :p

Well the premier had everything....:whistle::naughty: Loved it....:woot:

When the building came down around him at the end I was like....:OMG: WTF?!?! Brilliant..:cigar::wow::watch:
And the head bashing scene with the vase...:wow::OMG:

Reactions: spass
Well the premier had everything....:whistle::naughty: Loved it....:woot:

When the building came down around him at the end I was like....:OMG: WTF?!?! Brilliant..:cigar::wow::watch:
And the head bashing scene with the vase...:wow::OMG:

It was great wasn't it! Absolutely loved it and very funny at times. Great acting. :D

As for the bit in spoiler, haha, yes I reacted the same way. :LOL:

Can't wait to see more!

Reactions: earthscope
I was going to give this a go but I am busy going through The Sopranos at the moment,first time watch but I will give this a go when I can,it does sound good....no pun intended.

HBO have cancelled their plans to continue with Vinyl and have issued the following statement:
“After careful consideration, we have decided not to proceed with a second season of Vinyl. Obviously, this was not an easy decision. We have enormous respect for the creative team and cast for their hard work and passion on this project.”

Source.