Wall·E (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #12) [China]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: August, 2014
Notes: WEA, Exclusive Slipcover(Lenticular &Full Slip), 2D(Region A and C) + Bonus disc(All Region)

front.jpg

inside art
back.jpg

Lenticular slip
102500zcfx31o0k1yfryv1.jpg

Full slip
102459ynftvy6v16kuwuwp.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 918
Last edited:
Walking around Schenzhen, China I looked at many locally made cars and many looked as though they had been hand painted by 2 year olds. Absolutely shoddy, mind you, the cars were nasty POS anyway. Copying others work and all is great, originality and finer detail, forget it.

@nicblue,

Thanks for your reply mate. I still bought this as I too love Blufans releases. Unfortunately I hate matte finish in general (District 9 being an exception and some select Sports car which look exceptional in black matte). [emoji6]

If you look at this Steelbook, there is nothing standing out. The BB/FS release looks way better than this and having it takes you right back to those good old days which we will never see again.

@howiesteed,

Do you have any bright and wicked ideas to make this look better? Anyone wondering what I am referring to, just have a look at his customised version of Little Mermaid.

I usually restrict myself when it comes to having multiple copies of a steelbook (various releases) but I can not see myself letting my BB/FS go. As @lgans316 is saying, it takes me back to the good old days! :)

Reactions: lgans316
but tell me everytime you look at your Wall-E Steelbook that you won't wonder what could have and should have been.

They should never have released the picture of the glossy one, as it just had the "this is what you could have won" feeling about it when you compare it to this finished product.

Wall-E is my favourite Pixar and I would have bought this whatever, but Blufans currently have nothing on their slate that interests me, so this could be my last Blufans steel for a long while. And it's a bit disappointing.

Reactions: lolwut
I think this one could look great spot glossed. Wall-E and the heap glossed against a matte night sky. Maybe spot gloss the stars.
There is a model store near to where I live and they have someone who makes the models up and paints them for a fee. I think I'll approach him and ask him to dazzle me.

Reactions: jonnie123
I usually restrict myself when it comes to having multiple copies of a steelbook (various releases) but I can not see myself letting my BB/FS go. As @lgans316 is saying, it takes me back to the good old days! :)

Agreed, that is why I'm still holding onto both my BB & FS versions. Also the same reason why steels from that era still sell for big bucks, see PoTC, Pinocchio, et al. Awesome paint job with glossy goodness lol.

I'm waiting on my tracking number :(
There are 30 customers who not been provided yet with tracking numbers :oops:
With China Spring Festival Holiday we have to wait till end of Feb to find out our tracking number as Blufans Shipping Staff wont be back to work till then

My Order could be already in transit but not having the tracking number means not been able to see when out for delivery and for me that will mean most likely I will miss the postman attempt to deliver my parcel if its before I get my tracking number as I work nights and sleep during the day Mon-Fri

When I know a parcel is out for delivery I delay going to sleep on the morning of delivery
So not having my tracking number is messy compared to other post as majority of those fit through the letter box and don't need signature of delivery
As this parcel cant fit through my letter box and needs proof of delivery with signature if I'm not awake when postman calls I will miss delivery attempt and my postal sorting office for collection is in middle of the country which involves a taxi journey that would cost me another 20 and I would have to wait till it was on one of my days off to go to sorting office

I'm looking forward to getting my Wall-e Steelbook its just very annoying not having the tracking number to show its 100% on its way to me and to know when its out for delivery

As its not possible to get the tracking number till end of Feb and with the majority of the orders been shipped on the 11th to 14th of Feb meaning delivery will be before the end of the month for most so if my order is part of these I will just hope its on my day off been Mon most of the time the delivery so I don't miss the postman

Last edited:
The matte finish is disappointing. The strange thing looking at pics is that there seems to be some stretching marks on the corners. I thought this only happened with gloss?