Writers: Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon, Pete Docter
Starring: Ben Burtt, Elissa Knight, Jeff Garlin, Fred Willard, Macintalk
  • United States
  • 98 minutes
  • Color
  • 2.39:1
  • English
EB0103BE-6988-44F3-9F93-C20247190E80.jpeg

A high-water mark of digital animation, this prescient vision of a dystopian future is packaged within a dazzling pop-science-fiction love story, making for an urgent fable for our troubled millennium. It’s the twenty-ninth century, and humans have long since fled Earth for outer space, leaving WALL•E, the last functioning trash-compacting robot, to go about the work of cleaning up a pollution-choked planet, one piece of garbage at a time. When he meets EVE, a fellow automaton sent to detect plant life, the pair are launched on an intergalactic quest to return humanity to Earth. Transporting us simultaneously back to cinema’s silent origins and forward light-years into the future, WALL•E is a soaring ode to the power of love and art to heal a dying world.

CAD62852-692F-4076-90EE-CFFEE94E1307.jpeg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• 4K digital master, approved by director Andrew Stanton, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack
  • One 4K UHD disc of the film, presented in both Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10+, and two Blu-rays with the film and special features
  • Alternate 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio and stereo soundtracks
  • Two audio commentaries: one featuring Stanton and the other, character supervisor Bill Wise, coproducer Lindsey Collins, story artist Derek Thompson, and lead animator Angus MacLane
  • New programs on Stanton’s cinematic influences and production designer Ralph Eggleston’s color scripts
  • Tour of the Pixar Living Archive with Stanton
  • Behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, including segments from early animation reels
  • The Pixar Story (2007), a documentary by Leslie Iwerks
  • More than a dozen documentaries exploring the film’s production and robots
  • Anatomy of a Scene: The Plant, a masterclass with Stanton
  • “WALL•E”: A to Z, a new program featuring Stanton and coscreenwriter Jim Reardon
  • Deleted scenes featuring commentary by Stanton
  • A Story (1987), a student film by Stanton
  • BURN•E (2008), a short film by MacLane
  • Trailers
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • English descriptive audio
  • PLUS: An essay by author Sam Wasson; selections from Stanton’s sketchbooks, script notes, and drawings; and artwork from the WALL•E team
ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a strange release from Criterion. I guess it caps off a year where it seems they've added many more mainstream titles then usual, but hopefully this will be a gateway for lots more people to get into the Criterion collection at least. It also seems 100% now that we'll be able to get releases for Isle of Dogs and The French Dispatch

Reactions: MM3 and MrSquifler
That’s one pretty cover! Artwork is gorgeous!

Never owned a criterion but I could get behind this!

What a strange release from Criterion. I guess it caps off a year where it seems they've added many more mainstream titles then usual, but hopefully this will be a gateway for lots more people to get into the Criterion collection at least. It also seems 100% now that we'll be able to get releases for Isle of Dogs and The French Dispatch
Criterion especially in it's laserdisc days released a lot of mainstream films like James Bond and Robocop... Titles which I still have and still play.

Criterion especially in it's laserdisc days released a lot of mainstream films like James Bond and Robocop... Titles which I still have and still play.
They still release the odd main stream title, like Breakfast Club or Princess Bride in more recent years, but it's not the norm for them. It seems like this last year has seen more mainstream titles then the previous few combined, but what makes Wall-E in particular an even stranger choice, is that there already is a fairly recent 4K release of it available.

They still release the odd main stream title, like Breakfast Club or Princess Bride in more recent years, but it's not the norm for them. It seems like this last year has seen more mainstream titles then the previous few combined, but what makes Wall-E in particular an even stranger choice, is that there already is a fairly recent 4K release of it available.
In the laserdisc days it was very much the norm for them to release mainstream titles... I really hope that Wall-E is a sign that vanity labels can access the Disney archive.....

In the laserdisc days it was very much the norm for them to release mainstream titles... I really hope that Wall-E is a sign that vanity labels can access the Disney archive.....

Why ? It's not like they don't release various editions themselves ?!

Why ? It's not like they don't release various editions themselves ?!
Yes but i'm talking deluxe editions with serious extras on a lot of their archive which really hasn't seen the light of day. Hands up who would like to see a deluxe 4k edition of Song of the South or Darby O'Gill and the Little People... Certainly some of the more "problematic" titles in their eyes could get a new life with vanity labels.

Reactions: Space Cadet
Definitely in for this! I just hope they don't plan to do the rest of the Pixar films in this style, because I'm going to find them hard to resist otherwise :ohno: