WALL-E (Criterion Collection) (4K + Blu ray) [USA]

Can’t wait for this to hit the U.K. (Always forget to check the criterion threads here)

F3ADC9C7-402D-4C11-8EEE-98B9BDF49F33.jpeg

Criterion have done no 4k releases and if their recent problems are anything to go by, I could see them pulling out of the UK market.
Do you mean no 4K releases in the U.K.? I’d happily take a standard Blu ray release over here considering I have the 4K on steel. (If that’s what you mean)

And the problems you refer to, is this the thing about them sacking around 20% of the staff? I read something about that recently

Tbh I only own all of the Wes Anderson criterion releases so I don’t really follow much about them and I’m patiently waiting on their isle of dogs and the french dispatch releases which is all I’m interested in going forward however when this was announced in September I did say to myself I’ll be all over this. But all the Wes releases I own are the U.K. editions which in some cases I waited years for. And the price for this plus importing is a bit too high for my liking anyway

Do you mean no 4K releases in the U.K.? I’d happily take a standard Blu ray release over here considering I have the 4K on steel. (If that’s what you mean)

And the problems you refer to, is this the thing about them sacking around 20% of the staff? I read something about that recently

Tbh I only own all of the Wes Anderson criterion releases so I don’t really follow much about them and I’m patiently waiting on their isle of dogs and the french dispatch releases which is all I’m interested in going forward however when this was announced in September I did say to myself I’ll be all over this. But all the Wes releases I own are the U.K. editions which in some cases I waited years for. And the price for this plus importing is a bit too high for my liking anyway
The film has had a 4k release in the UK but not from Criterion. Most Criterion 4k releases have been released by different labels in the UK. Criterion themselves have released no 4k features in the UK.

The film has had a 4k release in the UK but not from Criterion. Most Criterion 4k releases have been released by different labels in the UK. Criterion themselves have released no 4k features in the UK.

That’s what I meant. Have criterion not had 4K releases in the U.K.

I know Wall.e has a 4K release in the U.K. like all Pixar films. I own them

That’s what I meant. Have criterion not had 4K releases in the U.K.

I know Wall.e has a 4K release in the U.K. like all Pixar films. I own them
To my knowledge they have released zero 4k titles in the UK and none pending as far as I'm aware yet arrow has released 4k titles in both the USA and UK.

What was the pre-order/release price on Amazon for this? I hope to get it in the next 50% sale along with a few other Criterion titles.