War for the Planet of the Apes (4K UHD SteelBook) (OAB - Blufans) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak to the added price of 3D on 4K tv sets (I don't have one yet). But I can tell you that I spent a week with an LG 65" OLED 4K tv with 3D - and the 3D was incredible. (With 4K you get 1080p in each eye).
Also - there is a difference on which kind you are watching - passive or active 3D - I prefer active to passive as it is more enveloping. (Passive is what theaters use).
Not sure how far off glasses-free 3D is - but I do know that you can't fight the coming wave 3D and VR.
(I believe the TV manufacturers are just hedging their bets on glasses-free 3D coming sooner rather than later).
I have the LG 65" 4K OLED (2016 model)...at this moment you have to pay an additional 1100 euro for 3D support. The 2017 models don't have 3D support. None of the 2017 models. They even lack the hardware for it.

Avatar 2 will be glasses free...or at least that's what JC apparently wants.
But - I need my glasses to see!
IMG_2725.PNG This is bigotry against the seeing impaired!
...and I don't think that is what Jesus really wants.:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: wjasoncul
I have the LG 65" 4K OLED (2016 model)...at this moment you have to pay an additional 1100 euro for 3D support. The 2017 models don't have 3D support. None of the 2017 models. They even lack the hardware for it.
Interesting - the 1080p TVs didn't pad the cost like that just for 3D. Hmmm.

Thread subscribed, even though I still do not own a 4K TV/HT Setup I just might consider this if the slip is nice...

This is the for the 4K only release (unlike the 4K + 3D release). I believe this one was cancelled.....

Status
Not open for further replies.