Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £33

91F-jqx0C8L._AC_SX342_.jpg

91GilMXURIL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
loved this series. gotta pre-order this soon.

i've found that the trick for amazon is to order the extra gift wrapping.
Loved the series too, so have got this by group buy from US. I've never gone down with the extra packaging, so I will see if/try this on next order to see how it comes...

Reactions: willbar84
19 pounds shipping to Canada - WTF are they smoking

Just dropped through the letterbox on a Sunday delivery..sorry for the crummy pic. Flat. Some metallic looking effect on the brick work. I'm not unwrapping for now though..

View attachment 473586
I'm really happy this got a steelbook, but I wish they'd done something more interesting with the art and the finish.

I remember when they were advertising for the show, they had Dave Gibbons do a sketch of Sister Night. They should have done something with Gibbons and this steelbook.

I'm really happy this got a steelbook, but I wish they'd done something more interesting with the art and the finish.

I remember when they were advertising for the show, they had Dave Gibbons do a sketch of Sister Night. They should have done something with Gibbons and this steelbook.

Agreed. Missed opportunity here. Not even a debossed title?

Reactions: MrSquifler
I did feel a little deflated on opening the envelope and setting eyes on it..similar reaction to getting Chernobyl in hand. Only passable, and no bossing on the UK version I'm afraid. Only my opinion though. And of course, still an awesome series.

Received mine today and as per Amazon's traditions, it was poorly packaged and arrived damaged. It's also sold out and unavailable to order anymore... This is why I stopped ordering from Amazon years ago. I really wish this would have been a Zavvi exclusive instead.

Received mine today and as per Amazon's traditions, it was poorly packaged and arrived damaged. It's also sold out and unavailable to order anymore... This is why I stopped ordering from Amazon years ago. I really wish this would have been a Zavvi exclusive instead.

Have you seen Zavvi's recent attempts? I've had 3 steelbooks arrive in the last few days, and the only one that came in one piece was Amazon's. Zavvi was a crappy attempt at bubble wrap for Jaws, same with Zoom. Amazon was the only one to use a sturdy cardboard mailer for Watchmen. It appears to be the luck of the draw.

Mine arrived from Amazon dented. I sent back for a replacement which they sent in a Jiffy bag and guess what? It also arrived dented. Now it’s sold out so I’m going to either just keep it or sell it on. After watching the series of course.

Have you seen Zavvi's recent attempts? I've had 3 steelbooks arrive in the last few days, and the only one that came in one piece was Amazon's. Zavvi was a crappy attempt at bubble wrap for Jaws, same with Zoom. Amazon was the only one to use a sturdy cardboard mailer for Watchmen. It appears to be the luck of the draw.
I ordered 3 steelbooks recently from Zavvi and they came in the traditional white Zavvi cardboard steelbook mailers that are quite sturdy and protective. None of the steels were damaged either. I read about that Jaws issue though, apparently all of them were sent in jiffy bags?

Mine arrived from Amazon dented. I sent back for a replacement which they sent in a Jiffy bag and guess what? It also arrived dented. Now it’s sold out so I’m going to either just keep it or sell it on. After watching the series of course.
I'll just return this and buy the regular edition from some place else than Amazon, since it would have about 99% chance of arriving damaged from them. Honestly, I don't get it how Amazon is still this bad and handling and packaging their products. Surely their return ratio for collector's items must be huge due to damaged box sets, steelbooks and whatnot? Apart from a couple Amaray releases, pretty much every single book, Blu-ray box set or steelbook I've ordered from them in the past 5 years or so have arrived damaged and I've had to return them. I usually try to avoid from ordering from Amazon as much as possible, but sometimes they have exclusive releases like this.

I'll just return this and buy the regular edition from some place else than Amazon, since it would have about 99% chance of arriving damaged from them. Honestly, I don't get it how Amazon is still this bad and handling and packaging their products. Surely their return ratio for collector's items must be huge due to damaged box sets, steelbooks and whatnot? Apart from a couple Amaray releases, pretty much every single book, Blu-ray box set or steelbook I've ordered from them in the past 5 years or so have arrived damaged and I've had to return them. I usually try to avoid from ordering from Amazon as much as possible, but sometimes they have exclusive releases like this.

I’ll probably do the same. As you say in this case there was no choice but to order from Amazon but usually I avoid them for Steelbooks. I doubt they care though - they are the world’s largest retailer and thanks to Covid are now even more profitable. I read somewhere that Jeff Bezos is close to becoming the world’s first trillionnaire. They can suck up a few damaged returns from a very niche minority of individuals like us who actually care what condition our stuff arrives in.

As I said previously, I think it really gets down to the luck of the draw. One thing I have noticed is, that due to the Covid 19 problems, that I'm not getting post for days on end, then another day I'll get loads. Both my crappy mailers form Zoom and Zavvi, were both ripped to shreds.

I think that between the terrible packaging and lying on a sorting room floor somewhere for days on end spells a disaster for collectors of steelbooks everywhere! Watchmen, Parasite and Wonder Woman, all ordered from Amazon and in cardboard mailers all arrived ok, and not delivered by Royal Mail. Jaws actually arrived bent at the top.

Better packaging and more care with the postal service I think would help the cause. Anyone else had the same issues with their post recently?

As I said previously, I think it really gets down to the luck of the draw. One thing I have noticed is, that due to the Covid 19 problems, that I'm not getting post for days on end, then another day I'll get loads. Both my crappy mailers form Zoom and Zavvi, were both ripped to shreds.

I think that between the terrible packaging and lying on a sorting room floor somewhere for days on end spells a disaster for collectors of steelbooks everywhere! Watchmen, Parasite and Wonder Woman, all ordered from Amazon and in cardboard mailers all arrived ok, and not delivered by Royal Mail. Jaws actually arrived bent at the top.

Better packaging and more care with the postal service I think would help the cause. Anyone else had the same issues with their post recently?

It certainly doesn’t help. Funnily enough, I’ve had the reverse experience - Watchmen, Parasite and Wonder Woman all came from Amazon via RM and all damaged. Onward from Zavvi - mint.

And yes - post is every other day round here.

Reactions: spookz